(Closed) 2 Days To Wedding: Got A Cold & Scared To Drink Water: Will I Gain Weight?

posted 8 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
11327 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I thought that water weight was more a function of salt than water. If you eat a lot of salt your body will retain the water. If not the water will just flush you out which is a really good thing especially when you’re sick. If I were you (and i’m not a doc… but this is just what i would do), I would avoid as much sugar and salt as possible until the wedding. Drink lots of water and stick to fruits and veggies and lean protein. 

Post # 4
669 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Yes, I’ve heard the same as Corgi….water is very healthy for a person, and it does not cause bloat.  What causes the bloat is your consumption of salt….for some reason if you eat a lot of salty foods, your body will retain the water, as Corgi said.  I would definitely hydrate yourself, just be extremely cautious of what you eat….plain foods with no butter or salt such as:  veggies, fish, chicken.

Post # 5
669 posts
Busy bee

Oh, I frogot to add….I hope you feel better soon and have a wonderful wedding day!  Congrats =)

Post # 6
5494 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2011

water weight is actually put on when your body does not have enough water.  if you don’t drink enough your body stores water because it thinks it has to make it last.  the more water you drink the more water weight you will shed because your body will not need to hold on to the water. Like the other posters have said, avoid salty and sugary foods, drink LOTS of water and take a diuretic to help with the bloat, (found at any drug store) BUT NOT ON THE DAY OF YOUR WEDDING.

good luck!

Post # 7
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I agree with everyone else. Water weight has nothing to do with how much water you drink, it’s more a function of salt intake. Drink on!! Try to limit your salt and sugar intake for the next few days and you should be fine.

Post # 8
979 posts
Busy bee

If you have a cold you better drink lots of water.  The last thing you want is to be dehydrated. Your skin will look awful and you can risk passing out.  It will probably help you get better faster.  Congratulations on your wedding.

Post # 9
165 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

water and lemon! water and lemon! water and lemon! also boil water and sip it at night with lemon. can’t go wrong!

Post # 10
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

Yup, I’m with everyone else! Drink the water! Plus, would you rather be a little bloated or sick on your wedding day? Even if the water would make you a bit bloated, I’d rather be a bit bloated a feel good than not be bloated and be coughing all day! The water will be good for your cold! Hope you feel better soon!

Post # 11
2201 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Drink the water, and on the plus side, maybe the cold is helping you lose some of those extra pounds (I know that I’m not usually hungry when I’m sick).

Feel better!

Post # 12
140 posts
Blushing bee

I agree with all the water related posts.  As for the cold, I’ve always had great luck with Airborne.  You can get it at any drug store.

Post # 15
140 posts
Blushing bee

Those soups have tons of salt, they come in low sodium too though. Just check the label.

Post # 16
1030 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Do NOT eat canned soup if you’re worried about bloating – look at the label, it has half the sodium you should eat in an entire day! Cup o’Noodles is the worst.. throw that stuff away. YES IT WILL MAKE YOU BLOAT IF IT HAS SALT.

Try to drink hot tea if you need something warm for your cold, then just ‘real’ food (nothing from a package) – ie get a piece of raw chicken and grill it, or have a salad, or some fish, nothing processed. Anything in a can or from the freezer is loaded with salt as a preservative and will make you bloat up big time.

Only you can know if you should go to a doc.. if you have a high fever, yes go, but if you just feel icky with sore throat/stuffy nose, probably don’t need to bother.

The topic ‘2 Days To Wedding: Got A Cold & Scared To Drink Water: Will I Gain Weight?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors