2 different dresses…need opinions (poll).

posted 3 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress?
    #1 : (91 votes)
    60 %
    #2 : (61 votes)
    40 %
  • Post # 3
    2657 posts
    Sugar bee

Definitely the first one!  In the second one, your figure is kind of lost, but the first one shows it off perfectly.

Post # 4
    465 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I  voted for the second one because i think dress two is much more slimming on you xxx

Post # 6
    2973 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

@OUgal0004:  I voted #1 because it’s fun. 

#2 just bores me a bit. But this is your choice, and you should go with what you love. 

Post # 7
    141 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

#2 is maybe more classic, but it also not as special, to be honest. The first one defines your waist and that beautiful beading draws the eye. The second dress to me is classic but also overdone. I can think of ten different designers that have made that same dress more or less. However if you genuinely prefer it and feel like a princess in the second, then go for it. It’s not that the second one looks bad. You look great in both. Even though I really think the first one is a knockout, it depends on how you feel!!

Post # 8
    465 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

@OUgal0004:  I know right? Just when you think you know, people throw curve balls and make you second guess yourself lol!  I am with you on your reasons about the 2nd dress being more timeless… My worry is that in 10 years time, the ruffles will be like pick ups of the early 2000’s.  Also, I dont know why, I really dont like the way the ruffles are are bulky around your hips… to me it just makes your beautiful figure look…. lost.

At the end of the day hon. Its your decision… go with your gut and trust your intincts. cant go wrong when you do that xx

Post # 9
    1036 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@OUgal0004:  I love them both on you!! – but they are very different personalities. Do you want to be more fun, modern (first one) or more sophisticated, traditional? (second one)

Don’t let this thread or anyone else make you second guess yourself – go with which one feels more like “you.” That will be your answer. 

Post # 10
    11379 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

@OUgal0004:  i like how fun the first dress is and i love the bodice on it.  i have to say the second dress looks amazing on you.  the skirt is so much more flattering on you. it’s not the style of dress i typically like but on you, it’s gorgeous, especially with a traditional ceremony. 

i would have to say #2.

Post # 11
    1838 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

not a fan of ruffles & i think the 2nd is more flattering

Post # 12
    3557 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

@OUgal0004:  If you always thought you would have a lace dress, why don’t you take some more time to look around? If your date is right you have more than enough time. To be honest niether of the dresses really wow me, I do like the second better because it is more flattering, but I also think there is probably a dress out there that would flatter you even more. I really wanted lace on my dress too, and I’m happy that I kept looking and didn’t settle for the dress my mom really liked.

Post # 13
    928 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

They both look great on you! #1 is more “fun”, but I agree with you that #2 is more timeless and better for a traditional ceremony. I voted for #2, but they both look great on you. Which one do you think your FI would like more?

Post # 14
    2400 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I like the first one more- although they are both gorgeous so I can see why you’re having a hard time choosing! I don’t think the dropped looking waist on the second one is as flattering on your figure as the natural waist on the first. I also really like the shape of the sweetheart neckline on the first over the in between sweetheart/straight neckline of the second. It’s your decision though, so don’t let anyone make it for you! You’ll be beautiful no matter what!

Post # 15
    104 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: February 2015

#1 is fun and playful pretty, #2 is classic and elegant.  Since both look great on you, why not pick the one that matches your wedding vibe more?

Post # 16
    480 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I think #2 is really beautiful, and I don’t like the ruffly skirt up by your hips on #1. I’m not sure if it’s the way you’re holding the dress, but I choose #2 hands down.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors