(Closed) 2 dress brides – When are you changing into your 2nd dress?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2889 posts
Sugar bee

I wore two dresses and, like you wanted to enterthe reception in the first dress. Almost immediately after entering, we had our 1st dance and then toasts and dinner was served. During dinner we walked around talking to the different tables and I slipped away to change dresses. I did the cake cutting in my reception dress and then opened the dance floor with the father daughter dance. This timeline worked out really well for me and I think it was the DJ who suggested doing things in this order. I had not even considered the logistics of changing. Also, we did our photos between the ceremony and reception so I had my first dress for all the formal photos.

Post # 4
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Bump! ‘Cause I don’t know what to do either! I might be leaning towards changing right after the cake cutting and after the formal dances, but I’m wondering if that might be too late? Would everyone still be there to see? Would enough pics get taken of it? =/ 

The topic ‘2 dress brides – When are you changing into your 2nd dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors