(Closed) 2 dress brides

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2293 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

So – if you have no after-party, what are you changing for?  Just for an afternoon reception?  Is your dress really that heavy that you can’t wear it comfortably for a few hours?  Honestly, if that’s the case – if you are going to be horribly uncomfortable at your own reception – then I would either change, or get another dress altogether and sell the first one.  I know there are a lot of two-dress brides, and some cultures include the wearing of multiple dresses through the course of the wedding and reception, and other related ceremonies.

I’m definately wearing my dress through our reception.  It’s an evening reception with dancing, but I did buy my dress specifically with wearing it all evening in mind, and therefore stayed away from anything monstrous enough to stand up on its own, or that seemed undanceable.  We are leaving straight from the reception for a weekend in wine country, so I will have another outfit (just a nice black-and-white sundress) to change into at the end of the reception, as I don’t want to drive an hour to our hotel in my wedding dress.  I suppose I could just change before the reception, but then all the reception photos are just me in a (albeit mostly white) party dress.  And we’re going to miss the first part of the reception anyway, for pictures – there’s no way I want to arrive even later just to change my clothes.

The topic ‘2 dress brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors