(Closed) 2 Dress Dilema – Now what do I do – Need some advice please!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
  • poll: 2 Dresses not sure what to do, which would you recommend?
    Just wear the Jenna for both ceremony & reception - Try to sell Jasmine & Take a loss : (40 votes)
    87 %
    Wear both dresses - Tell me which one for ceremony and which one for reception : (4 votes)
    9 %
    Wear Jenna - Take loss on Jasmine - Keep looking for second dress for reception : (2 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 3
    642 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

First- Is his daughter really “kicked out” of the wedding?  I dont think thats a good idea at all, she will deffinately resent you for that, even if it was Fiance who kicked her out. 

Now, are you getting 2 dresses anyway? Having 2 dresses very similar like that seems silly to me… I think 2 dresses are silly anyway.

I would sell the Jasmine, and at least make some money back. It would be easier to sell if it has never been worn, and it is a very pretty dress so I dont think youd have that hard of a time selling it.

Post # 4
    909 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

The Jenna looks fabulous on you. Try to sell the Jasmine.

Post # 6
    23636 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

You look gorgeous in Jenna!! Seriously, knock his socks off gorgeous!! πŸ™‚ That is all.

Post # 8
    23636 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

@Bella_and_Max:  I forgot to tell you that I voted for you to wear Jenna for the whole day. πŸ™‚  I think you should try to sell the Jasmine.

Post # 9
    10453 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2014

Sounds like you don’t really like the Jasmine, so why wear it instead of the Jenna you love? And as PPs have said, selling an unworn dress will be easier.

Post # 10
    551 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I would go with the one you love. Honestly, unless its a courthouse, the venue doesn’t really need to match the dress, in my opinion πŸ™‚   it’s about you and how you feel on your special day. I also have two dresses…sigh. I didnt’ realize that my dream dress came in a knock-off version IN BUDGET! lol. But when I look at myself in the dress,  the look on my face says it’s ‘the one’. I do not want to take off the dream dress and my hands are all over it, just feeling it-lol.

Ok, back to your question. I would sell the dress you dont really love. If you finally got a dress that you love and that is YOU, you will not want to take it off. I never really understood the 2 dress thing, but that’s just me. I am frugal, so if I’m taking the time and money and investment into a dress, it’s not coming off til the day is over. You can list your dress in the classifieds here or there are a ton of sites out there, recycledbride.com, oncewed.com, preownedweddingdresss.com (where I happened to get my dress) and even boutiques locally that you might be able to sell your other dress in, so maybe it wouldnt be a total loss.**EDIT -just saw you have this posted with no bites, not sure how i missed that-sorry. That stinks, but maybe be patient, you never know?? 

ps  Sorry to hear about the experience, I hope you and the step daughter to be make up. at 15, they have raging hormones and sometimes can’t actually help being little snots (I was horrible, thinking back, makes me sad). You only have a few years with them and while it’s hard to balance teaching them lessons in how to behave, and showing them family, caring and forgiveness, once they are gone, they are gone, and its usually the last few years that determine the relationship from then on (I have a few friends at work that had teenage dilemmas that ddidnt go so well and now they dont speak πŸ™     I also have a 17 yr old. We just try to let her moods roll off. She is a real sweet heart most of the time, but we try and remember she is dealing with craziness at school, grades, probably mean kids, kids are mean, lol., college decisions and pressure of growing up when they really aren’t ready to make lifetime decisions. A lot of times, I find out later that a blow-up had nothing to do with us, that it was a bad day or boy troubles, or girl drama… add to that hormones and female issues-yuck! I think it’s harder these days. Ok, done with my teenage rant, but best wishes to you guys. I hope you can include her in some way.  πŸ™‚ 

Post # 11
    3588 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2000

@Bella_and_Max:  The two dresses are too much alike to wear one for this and one for that.

So the only option is to sell the one you don’t like, for as much as you can get. You look nice in it, so put yourself back into it and take some good photos. In the photos you showed us you are so unhappy! That would never sell the dress. And if you aren’t using that photo but instead a model photo, try one of yourself in it. Women here like to see real brides in these dresses and you look nice in yours.

But the reality is that you may not be able to sell this dress for much. Get what you can for it and move on.

Post # 12
    2084 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

The Jenna dress looks great on you and you look so happy with it on! I tell try and sell the jasmine dress and where your absolute favorite dress the whole day!

Post # 13
    244 posts
    Helper bee

You don’t look even the least bit happy in the Jasmine. The Jenna is gorgeous on you. I’d wear that one for both wedding and reception.

If you can’t sell the Jasmine you could always do a Trash the Dress photo shoot with it.

Post # 15
    170 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I like the trash the dress idea that someone mentioned. Wear Jenna and trash jasmine.

The topic ‘2 Dress Dilema – Now what do I do – Need some advice please!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors