2 Dresses – help me decide! (pic heavy)

posted 3 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress?
    Dress 1 (illusion neckline) : (178 votes)
    70 %
    Dress 2 (sweetheart neckline) : (78 votes)
    30 %
  • Post # 3
    609 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2014

I picked the 2nd one…the sash and the sweetheart neckline gives the dress an accent that the first one (at least I feel) was lacking. 

Post # 4
    142 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I vote dress number 1. Just by reading what you wrote about the two, it sounds to me like you like the first one better, but you think the second one is more flattering.  I think the first one looks fantastic on you, and it will look even better when fitted. If you wanted to add a little something to the first dress, you already have the satin band at the waist line that you could work with to add some sparkle, if that’s your thing. 

Post # 5
    1634 posts
    Bumble bee

I’m going to vote for dress 1 Because of your comments about it. Both dresses are so beautiful and your figure looks great in both, and as you said the first one will fit perfectly on the day. Seems like you like dress 2 because of the way it makes your body look, but you like dress 1 because of how beautiful the dress is. 

Dress 1 girl!!

Post # 6
    2880 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 1998

@BirdieNY:  It was an easy choice for me as I think dress 1 looks stunning on you. It’s a really beautiful dress. Love it:))))

Post # 7
    4810 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

If you can soften the sweetheart neck on #1, I would definitely choose that! I love those sheer necklines!

Post # 8
    1491 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I think dress #2 fits you a lot better.  #1 just seems to hang on you funny…. and I don’t like the fit of the illusion neckline at all.     

I would honestly keep looking. Something that was a cross between dress #1 and dress #2 might be better for you, as that would have elements of both dresses that you like….

Post # 9
    230 posts
    Helper bee

I voted for number 1. I’m not usually a fan of illusion necklines, but this one is stunning! 

Post # 10
    3372 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2000

@BirdieNY:  I always like dresses like #2, but honestly I don’t think it’s as flattering as #1. I also love the contemporary styling of #1 and it’s sfot flow.

Post # 11
    2595 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Much prefer #1. Yes, dress #2 looks better on you now, but IMHO it’s totally bland and vanilla compared to dress #1. It makes me feel sleepy looking at it.

There’s nothing about dress #1 that couldn’t be fixed with alterations. Also, I think you should add an a-line slip to give the skirt of #1 a bit more poof, so it’s more the shape of dress #2. That woould make a lot of difference. At the moment it’s sort of halfway between a flowy sheath and an a-line, but it doesn’t quite work, it sort of just hangs there.

Post # 12
    112 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I adore dress 1 on you! The 2nd is very plain and dress 1 looks way more bridal and elegant

Post # 13
    313 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

@LTD418:  totally agree! Dress 2 100 percent !

Post # 14
    77 posts
    Worker bee

@SkyChick:  +1

I went with dress #1 as well, probably because I am a sucker for illusion backs and necklines! It’s gorgeous, and to make it even better I would add a sparkly belt or something to the Satin waistband. And I love the little train on the first one as well.

Post # 15
    2527 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

i like them both. i think the 2nd one is really flattering on you but i think the 1st one will look amazing once it’s in the right size. i love the illusion neckline. i think if you love the 1st one (and it sounds like you love that one more than the 2nd one) then you should get it. 

Post # 16
    556 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

Dress #1! Its a gorgeous dress and when your alterations are complete and its fitted to you it will look amazing.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors