2 Dresses – Thoughts/Opinions Please? (AND POLL)

posted 2 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Thoughts on wearing both of these dresses during my wedding?
    Choose one - Vera Wang Diana : (26 votes)
    49 %
    Choose one - Hayley Paige Dori : (14 votes)
    26 %
    It's your day - go for both! : (13 votes)
    25 %
  • Post # 2
    179 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: February 2015

in my opinion, there is only really ONE dress.

When you put the ONE on, you will feel like you won’t ever want to take it off.

And I bet you wouldn’t want to get changed at your wedding….

It wouldn’t be as special if you had two…

I voted Dori, it’s different, it’s stunning and a complete show stopper.

The fist dress just looks like a (beautiful) but fairly common wedding dress. It’s just a bit boring next to the Dori!! 😛

Let us know what you decide!

Post # 3
    809 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2014 - Catal Restaurant

My advice is try on the Dori first.  Another poster on here was head over heels in love with that dress and when she put it on, it did nothing for her.  If you try on the 2nd gown and love it just as much as the first then go for it! It’s your day so set your own rules.  IF wearing 2 dresses makes you happy then go for it 🙂

Post # 4
    26 posts

Wow! Both are gorgeous! Since you haven’t tried the Hayley Paige on I might wait to make a decision until then. But the Vera is so pretty and I love the long veil too!

In my opinion, the Hayley Paige dress looks more like a reception dress, at least in that color.  Would you buy it in that same color or would you get in white or ivory? 

And no, I don’t think it would be diva-ish if you wanted both. It’s your day and if you have the budget I say go for it! 

I’m kinda in the same boat, I bought a ball gown and then fell in love with a beautiful a-line dress. If I had seen the second dress first there’d have been no question in my mind! Maybe I’ll do the same and wear one for ceremony and the other for reception! 

Good luck to you!! 

Post # 5
    7126 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2015

If you can afford it, go for it! They’re both beautiful. 

Post # 7
    598 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2015 - Dreams Las Mareas - Costa Rica

I’m bias because I just got the dori so I’m waiting for my twin lol… But I love the vera too! There are two sample dresses floating around so I hope your store has the ivory dori so you can try it on. My mother lost her breath when I stepped out in the dori… I’m hoping thata the reaction I get at the wedding 🙂

#teamdori 🙂

Post # 9
    560 posts
    Busy bee

yorp127:  The first dress is one of the most beautiful dresses I’ve seen.. I don’t feel the 2nd compares.

I’m not against the idea of 2 dresses (although I voted to choose just one – the first one) but the main reason for that is they are both similar in silhouette (ballgown) so what is the real point in changing? You won’t dance better after changing into one or the other in this case. Maybe if you had something very different that would be cool.

Another thought – you could add a bolero and also change your belt of the first dress for the evening?

Post # 11
    560 posts
    Busy bee

Is it just dress indecision?

Do you feel different in each dress? How do they make you feel? Which one is how you most want to feel to your wedding day?

I think the second is a little more high-class evening gown than bridal? Is there some big event coming up (maybe even dinner on honeymoon although that will require a lot of packing space!) I’m just thinking maybe you could wear the 2nd dress to a big occasion if you buy it also? 

If it’s the done thing where you are to have 2 dresses, I see no reason not to.

Maybe as a guest I would rather appreciate a dramatic change in Look but still kind of bridal?

Still, it’s a subjective opinion! Do what makes yourself happy, we can only bring in some side considerations here and question your reasons.

It’s not going to affect your day if you wear this 2nd gown or not as long as the feeling is right. If the feeling is right in dress number 2 for the cocktail and it’s a fantastic do where they expect changes of clothes, then why not? 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors