(Closed) 2 Dresses????

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
78 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2008

I love my dress so much that I want to have an after-wedding more fun photo session with me in my dress…and I don’t care what my FH wears. I can’t imagine changing except to maybe like a cute little dress if we were leaving for the honeymoon immediately after the reception.

If it makes someone happy, fine, but it just seems…strange to me. I can’t imagine myself doing so. 

Post # 4
497 posts
Helper bee

It is hard enough to only get to wear your dress for part of one day…I could never cut that even more to barely a few hours! 

But I do think that there are some cultures that have a tradition of more than one dress…so who am I to say what is appropriate and what isnt?

Post # 5
383 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

i have 3 dresses…

i’m wearing this for our private beach ceremony in hawaii (august)

i’m wearing my henry roth gown for the church ceremony in feb 09

i cant paste it from my shutterfly…

and this one for the reception – it’s also my guestbook, so people will be signing it!!

Post # 6
67 posts
Worker bee

i am wearing 3-4 dresses that day simply due to my ethnic background.  i think the white dress won’t get as much play time but i am okay with that.  my dresses are not anywhere near the thousands $$$ range.

Post # 7
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2006

My wedding was on the hottest day of the year, and my dress was so heavy! I LOVED IT, don’t get me wrong….but it was so hot…I seriously were dripping buckets and such (TMI, I am sure).  Therefore, about an hour and a half before the end of the reception, I changed into another white dress, this one was knee length, and resembled my gown with pearls, etc.

I missed not wearing my wedding gown the whole night, but it just wasn’t physically possibly in my case!! 

Post # 9
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I have 2 dresses, only because I bought on on a spur of the moment, running of of Bridal Fair vibes, and knew a day later it wasn’t the dress.

I’m making it work though, it was very cheap and so selling it won’t be to big a deal when the time comes.

I am styaing in one dress however the whole day.  That’s not to say that if I have an unending well of money I woulnd’t consider the dress cahnge 🙂 Money changes lots of things you know! 🙂

Post # 10
193 posts
Blushing bee

I’m going to be wearing three dresses, too… the "traditional" wedding gown for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and first 1/3 of the reception; followed by an "ao dai" (traditional Vietnamese outfit) for the cake cutting and the father-daughter dance, then changing into a tea-legnth poofy dress w/ a birdcage veil for the "party time" of the reception and for our farewell.

I’m only wearing the third dress because VN brides usually wear some sort of cocktail dress after changing out of their ao dai… but I want to wear something more "bridal" and I think that changing BACK into my wedding gown would be weird.

Post # 11
57 posts
Worker bee

I’m wearing three dresses too!!  Traditional white dress for ceremonies, pictures & first part of reception (first dance, etc).  Changing into traditional ethnic dress for cake cutting.  Changing into short party dress for the rest of the dancing.  We LOOOOOOVE to dance and there is NO WAY I can get down in the wedding dress.

Post # 12
161 posts
Blushing bee

I will also have three dresses (so a changing fest).  We’re having a Vietnamese traditional ceremony at home in the morning where I’ll be wearing my gold traditional gown (its beautiful!), then changing into the white wedding dress (by pronovias) to greet the guests and make our grand entrance, then change back into the gold traditional dress when we make our rounds to each table for toasts, then changing back into my second dress (by Watters in Ivory) for the cake and dancing.  My bridesmaids have to change too, they have two outfits! 

Post # 13
2293 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

I just have the one dress… and I looooove my dress.  We are not having a big, formal church ceremony, but just having the wedding at the same venue as the reception.  I didn’t want a really ornate dress, so it will not be a problem to wear the same dress all evening – it won’t be any harder to dance in than any other evening gown.  And being mongrel white-bread no-identifiable ethnic heritage, we go out the door in the wedding dress and a shower of bird seed. I also had to read the part about the dress-as-guest book twice…  How are you planning on storing it?  I like the idea of a fabric guest book – there was a blog about a traditional fabric "guest book" with a gorgeous ornate red cloth to sign.  I also like the idea of signing fabric squares to make into a quilt, as my girlfriends and I are big quilters.  But mostly, my parents are getting ready to retire, and are even so convinced that they want to pay for almost everything.  My FIs kids are getting ready to go to college.  While we are not "budgeting" to the extreme, we are trying to spend our money on some system of priorities… and multiple dresses are just not where I want to spend the money.  I would rather have more flowers, or more pictures… or an extra day of honeymoon!!

Post # 15
383 posts
Helper bee

yes i’m using the 2nd "reception" dress as my guestbook!

not really sure how i’m going to store it – i’m not too worried about it – if the ink runs, then it runs…  😉

i didnt mind spening money on it – it wasnt that much (it’s a maggie sottero) – it was 1/6 of what my henry roth gown was…  i dont feel too bad thrashing it…

Post # 16
2293 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

Its a really fun idea! Like getting all the hockey players to sign your team sweater…  And sharpies come in dozens of different colors now.

The topic ‘2 Dresses????’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors