(Closed) 2 failed proposals and still waiting

posted 8 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
3539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I think a little slack wouldnt hurt. But explaining your feelings is a good idea and saying that you cant wait much longer may be a good idea.

From my experience having the engagement ring doesnt really mean much that knowing I love him and he loves me is all that really matters. He cares and treats me well. I think the engagement ring is just a bonus? If you are wanting marriage for the stability for your for your son and yourself then dont let the matter go.

Post # 4
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

He’s had the ring for two years and he still hasn’t proposed? I’d be upset too!

I definitely think that you should talk to him and let him know that you’re getting frustrated because he keeps postponing, even though you already know he has the ring. Tell him how you feel, and then let it go. It’s possible that he’s trying to surprise you and if you’re expecting it he’s just going to keep putting it off. 

You could also check out Mr. Bee’s advice here, which I think could be really helpful!

Post # 5
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I wouldnt cut him anymore slack. 2 yrs is ridiculous for a man to hold on to an engagement ring. Are you sure that he actually has the ring? I really think you should read Mr. Bees 3 step plan to a proposal. And hes a man, so I’m sure he has some good advice. Besides, I’m in the process of implementing it myself… I’ll let you know how it goes. Good Luck… , bc I know its not easy when you live with a SO and to add to that, you have a child. That complicates things more.

Post # 6
101 posts
Blushing bee

good luck! i agree — try mr. bee’s plan. it seems like a long time to hold on to a ring, hopefully everything works out for you two!

Post # 7
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Definitely sounds like you need to implement Mr. Bee’s plan.

The topic ‘2 failed proposals and still waiting’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors