(Closed) 2 firsts vs 2 middles

posted 7 years ago in Names
Post # 3
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I think its a great idea, I don’t see why it can’t be done!

Post # 4
583 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’ve kind of done what you describe. I want to slowly kind of phase out my maiden name though, and keep it there just legally and sentimentally.

Legally your name on your social security card will be able to accomodate this. They pretty much let you do whatever you want there. As far as forms with only space for one name or an initial, I guess you’ll have to decide for each of those what you want to do. Even though I have a double name first name, I sometimes just use the first half of it on forms that I don’t feel are important, almost out of laziness. Also, it becomes a quick way to tell if it’s a telemarketer or something calling!

Post # 5
1184 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

i have two first names, because my parents could not decide which one to give me and they knew i was going to be their last child. originally i was first-first middle last, but when i was young my parents decided that that was a whole lot of name for one little girl, and they went and had my middle name dropped, but kept my first name as two names (my hebrew name still has all three names). my mom calls me by my whole first name and growing up i often went by PB (my first two initials). i’ve always liked having two first names, i don’t know why. they flow together nicely.

ha this was a really long way of saying that i like your idea….but it is more difficult to change your first name than to change your middle or last name, so i’d check into this with the appropriate government agency (SSA?).

The topic ‘2 firsts vs 2 middles’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors