(Closed) 2 flower girls… and no ring bearer?

posted 8 years ago in Ceremony
  • poll: What should we do?
    Keep things as is... 2 flower girls and NO ring bearer : (29 votes)
    97 %
    Find any little boy (distant cousins, random friend's child) to be a ring bearer : (1 votes)
    3 %
    I have another idea (please comment) : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    35 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2010

I am in the same exact situation and we are not having a ringbearer. No big deal for us. The best man will hold the rings in his jacket. Ringbearers are adorable but I don’t think forcing it is necessary if there isn’t a good candidate.

Post # 4
    436 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I’m in that situation except my ringbearer is our dog, and no flowergirl. I don’t think people expect both or even either. I think it is totally fine to have the 2 flowergirls and no ringbearer.

Post # 5
    4001 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

My friend is doing the same thing.  I don’t even know that anyone would notice.  I went to a wedding in December that had only a ring bearer and I didn’t realize it until I went to dinner with the bride 3 months later and she mentioned it!  So, I wouldn’t worry bout a thing 🙂

Post # 6
    77 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: February 2018

I’m right there with you – i have 2 flowergirls (sisters) and no ring bearer. I also have 3 bridesmaids and no groomsmen, so whatevers! 🙂

Post # 7
    302 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I know this was ages ago, but when I was six, I was in my aunt’s wedding with my cousin, who was six months younger than me, and she didn’t have any nephews.  So my younger cousin was the flower girl and I was the “ring bearer” – and we still got to wear the same dress and look cute, and as far as my six-year-old self, I don’t think anyone cared…

Post # 8
    711 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I think it’s totally fine to be uneven. These days, creativity and uniqueness is what makes weddings GREAT.

Post # 9
    Hostess
    16217 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

I am doing the opposite. I have one little cousin to whom my fiance and I are both close, so he’s our ring bearer. There aren’t any girls who we feel close enough with to be our flower girl. And I am 100% okay with it.

Just like your bridesmaids and groomsmen, the flower girl and ring bearer should be close with you. No need to choose any random boy just to have one. What’s the point? No one will miss it!

Post # 10
    518 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I have three flower girls and no ring bearer! I think it will be absolutely fine.

Post # 11
    6572 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: February 2010

i had one flower girl and no ring bearer, nobody cared that we didn’t have a cute little boy in the wedding. i think people understand that you just don’t have anyone close enough to put in the wedding. i’m actually glad i didn’t have a ring bearer, because i know i wouldn’t trust him with the rings and i’d have my moh and bm carrying them anyway.

Post # 12
    1161 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

We have three nieces about the same age, but three flower girls seems like overkill, so I’m doing 2 flowergirls (Hub2B’s nieces who are sisters), and a ring girl (my niece).  All any of them really care about is the princess dress and having flowers in their hair, so I think it will be fine.

Any ideas of creative things to call her, other than ring girl?

The topic ‘2 flower girls… and no ring bearer?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors