(Closed) 2 Friends Engaged at the SAME TIME

posted 7 years ago in Proposals
Post # 4
5670 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

One of my really good friends and I were engaged at the same time. We bounced ideas off of each other and six we ended up getting married 6 months apart our colors and themes were completely different. I think it’s fun to have people around you going through the same thing.

Post # 5
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

You are so lucky! I got engaged about eight months after my friend, a woman I literally grew up with (we met when we were four) and our weddings are planned for a month apart, hers is one month before mine. Somehow she has it in her head that this is a competition and it just breaks my heart that she feels this way.

I will definately check out your blog so I can see how it SHOULD be and take heart that some people really do it right.

Post # 7
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Aah… Donnica22 said the SAME thing that I was about to say!  That’s my friend!  LOL

Post # 9
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I am so jealous! I have a friend that got engaged a few weeks before me and is planning a wedding a month before ours and it has not been the awesome bonding experince that I had hoped it would be. I really wanted to have that great back and forth and be able to celebrate together but it has not been that at all. It is not a competition or a bridezilla situation (at least on on her part, I hope I have not become one) but rather it has caused a schdeuling nightmare and has resluted in limited fun planning toghether and massive amounts of stress and emotional conversations. 🙁

Post # 11
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

My cousin JUST got engaged (she is exactly 3 months younger than me, down to the day!) and we’re pretty close, all four of us (us and our FHs) get along really well and hang out, so I’m hoping we’ll be having the same great experience that you two seem to be enjoying 🙂

Post # 13
5978 posts
Bee Keeper

My best friend and I got married 2 weeks apart from each other, and we totally fed off of each other! We made sure our weddings were very different from each other, and we even used the same photographer! It was really nice to be able to go through some of this together b/c inlaws and mothers drove us crazy, and we had someone to go through it with! It definitely should be like that…and it’s not a competition. Every wedding is different!

Post # 14
6394 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

My best friend got engaged about a month after I did, and she’s planning her wedding a month after mine. It’s been fantastic. We go to thrift stores pretty regularly in search of great wedding finds and it’s always more fun to do things together :).

Post # 16
295 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010 - The Atlantic Beach Club

My sister and I were engaged at the same time, too. It was so much fun planning together, I hope your experience with your friend is good and there are no bridezilla moments!

The topic ‘2 Friends Engaged at the SAME TIME’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors