(Closed) 2 in a half months

posted 9 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
778 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

This seems strange.  Your FMIL should have been up front with you before sending the invites out.  At this point you may have to register for some items to avoid further confusion.  I suggest you do it sooner rather than later.

This sounds awful and I’m so sorry you have been put through this.

Post # 4
1115 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

P*SSED! Tell her to back off. I mean, I know you can’t lol, but I know you want to! Every bride who registers knows what they are getting, and any bride who doesn’t usually wants cash or specifies no gift. She needs to get over this, because you are supposed to be getting the things YOU want, not the things she wants for you.

Post # 5
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Well first things first – what do you think her intentions were? To be kind and helpful or pushy? I’d be BS if I thought she was being pushy, but less angry if she was just kind but misguided. Maybe you could also just apologize to shower guests and let them know there was some confusion that you didn’t register and that "their presence is present enough".

Incidentally I think this registering issue is a generation thing.  I – like you – have what I need. My Dad and Stepmom registered for things like waterford crystal glasses when they married in their 40s.  That was their perogative but frankly I think I’m asking enough of my guests to come to my wedding. My Mom and Stepmom were really pushy about my registering and I finally just had to tell them to drop it.

The topic ‘2 in a half months’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors