(Closed) 2 maids of honor?

posted 7 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Is your friend married?? I made my best friend my maid of honor and my fiance’s sister who I’m really close with my matron of honor with no bridesmaids

Post # 5
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@FutureMrsShute: This is exactly what a friend of mine did. She had her sister be her Maid of Honor and her best friend was the Matron of Honor. The best friend had most of the duties that go with the title, though.

Post # 6
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

If you’re not having bridesmaids, then I think this is fine. Or you could have your bff as your MOH and your sister as a bridesmaid? Does it really matter to your sister or is it just the pressure from your family members?

Post # 7
5572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I had 2 MOHs and it worked perfectly. I think that’s what you should do, especially since you seem to feel pretty strongly about wanting your best friend in that position.

Post # 8
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m having two maids of honor and no bridesmaids.  My fiancé is having two best men and no groomsmen, too. 

Post # 9
817 posts
Busy bee

Ask both! That’s what I did. Although I am close to my sister I’m JUST as close to my BFF. They both deserved the title/honor so I gave it to both.

Post # 10
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@nutMeg13 I was bullied and guilted as well into a similar situation and it really sucks! I also wanted my best friend for 18 years to be my MOH and I thought it would be a great selection because I have two sisters and I figured they could just be each others MOH’s when the time comes for them to get married and my sisters could just be in the wedding party.  Simple right? Yeah, no!  My mom and my sisters had other ideas for my wedding.  I got guilted into having BOTH my sisters as my MOHs by both my sisters, my mom and even my fiance guilted me.  I’m only having four girls in my wedding party and I wanted to keep things small and simple.  I know my friend is going to do most of the work as I am closer to her and not very close to my sisters so I feel very bad not giving her the “honor” even though she completely understands.  

My advice is if you already told your sister she could be maid of honor then leave it alone because it may cause other issues to undo it.  Plus, if it keeps peace between you two and with your family its probably best to just keep the peace for one day.  Lets face it, the wedding is just a glorified, expensive party anyway.  Also, I’m sure your friend is understanding and would be more than happy to plan your other parties and extras because she cares about you regardless if she has the “title” of maid of honor or not.  Also, keep in mind if you and your husband to be having kids, she could be the God Mother!!! If your sister gives you a problem, just tell her she is the AUNT plus she got to be maid of honor! 🙂 

Post # 11
1869 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I have 2.  So far it’s been great…but they really haven’t had to do much. lol!

Post # 13
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’m in the same situation as you.. I am 22 and the second of my friends to get married, and I have had the same best friend for literally my entire life.. I knew that she would be my MOH all along, but then I got pressured to have my sister as MOH.. So I just am having 2 MOHs, with the knowledge that my best friend is kind of like my “real” MOH I guess? I don’t see a problem with having two!! But it is your wedding, and you should have who you want as MOH..

Post # 14
764 posts
Busy bee

I have two sisters and they will both be my MOH. (actually Matrons…) and we have all been each other’s MAIDS of honor. Go for it.

Plus, you need someone over 18 or 21 for bachelorette purposes. 😉

Post # 16
1314 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

IF we have a bigger ceremony (over eloping which I would so rather do anyway), I would ask my sister and my best friend and would consider them both maids/matrons of honor. They are both equally important to me and I would want them both standing with me with the same amount of importance.

The topic ‘2 maids of honor?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors