2 Matrons AND a Maid of Honor?? What to do :(

posted 3 years ago in Bridesmaids
  • poll: What should I do in this situation?
    Pick one Matron of Honor, in addition to the Maid of Honor you've already asked : (0 votes)
    Have 2 Matrons and 1 Maid of Honor - who cares : (3 votes)
    13 %
    Just go with the Maid of Honor (FSIL) and leave 2 BFFs as BMs : (20 votes)
    83 %
    Other, explain below : (1 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 3
    194 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

I would just go with a Maid of Honor. All of those titles just get confusing.

Post # 4
    1838 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

i think just one MOH makes more sense, esp since you said it was an easy choice

Post # 5
    2962 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

One MOH is fine and just have the other 2 be BMs. There is really no difference role-wise between them except the marital status so if you were to have 2 matrons and 1 MOH you just divided your BMs (the other BMs may not be so happy about that) and the others may see that as favoritism. Keep it simple so there wont be additional fights like out of these girls who gets to stand nearest you (if you were 2 have 2 matrons and 1 MOH) or hold your bouquet or fix your train or hold your ring. Yes you can still divide these roles to make your FSIL and SIL job seem a bit more relevant if you want.

Post # 6
    372 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

@kmb727:  i have maid of honor since she is fi sis. i just asked my best friend whi is married to be my maid of honor and she did nit say yes she said she will talk with her husband. sure they actively try to have a baby but i feel lil hurt

Post # 7
    144 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

Go with whatever you want!  I have 2 sisters and each of them will have the title of Maid of Honor.  I also wanted my best friend to be my Matron of Honor, so… I did!  They are splitting duties, my sisters are planning and coordinating my bridal shower while my BFF is planning my bachelorette party.  It all works out and everyone is happy with their roll in the wedding.  In addition to my 3 leading ladies, I have 4 other bridesmaids.  My fiance has only 1 Best man and 6 groomsmen.  It’s your day, so do whatever you want!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors