(Closed) 2 MOH’s?

posted 8 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I think it’s fine! I have a Maid of Honor and a Matron of Honor, plus 6 bridesmaids. It’s a little non-traditional, but if those two people mean a lot to you then I say go for it! I wouldn’t ask her to be a MOH just based on the fact that she’s going to help you make things though.

Post # 5
4382 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony - First United Methodist Church; Reception - My parents' house!

I have a Maid of Honor and Matron of Honor. 🙂 You’re fine with two MOHs. 🙂

Post # 6
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

I think you can do whatever you like!  My BIL had two best men…

Post # 8
575 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010 - Kindred Oaks, Georgetown

I’ve got two co-MOHs. My sister lives out of state (well she’s moving close to me in a couple weeks but I didn’t know that at the time) so I asked my local friend too since she’d be around to dress shop and venue hunt and craft. I think it’s totally fine to have 2.

Post # 9
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Yea I definitely think it’ll be fine then! The walking order sounds fine too. You could have the BM walk down with your other MOH to even things up, but either way I’m sure it’ll be great.

Post # 10
1230 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Definitely have 2 MOH’s if you want! I agree with luckyyou–you could have the BM walk in with the other MOH if you think that would even things up a bit, if not, I think it would fine to have one MOH walk in with a GM and one MOH walk by herself.

Post # 11
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I have 2 MOHs and I love it!  We have a big wedding party (7 on my side, 8 on his) and my FI wanted 2 best men, so I thought I’d have 2 MOHs. With my original MOH there was never any question it would be her — we’ve been best friends for 8 years and she is one of the best people I know.  In deciding who my second MOH would be (I’m really close to all of the girls) I ended up picking a friend who’s in the same area, would feel that it was less of a burden time-wise than my other friends who work crazy jobs (attorney, doctorm etc.) — and she just happens to be an amazing party planner too!  I love it.

Post # 12
1205 posts
Bumble bee

I also have a maid of honor and a matron of honor…  go for it!

Post # 13
647 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I have 2 MOH’s too!  The more the merrier…I just couldn’t decide between my 2 sisters, so I just have 2.

Post # 15
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I had two Matrons of Honor (my two sisters).  I say go for it!  I think your current MOH would understand.

Post # 16
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m with Miss Cake! My sister lives in Washington state and I needed a strong support here. So I also asked my BFF to be a MOH. My only regret is that I didn’t talk to my sister about it first. She pretended she was fine with it until she blew up and sent me the meanest email ever. Then I rationalized with her and everything is fine now. They actually love having a buddy to bounce ideas off. I felt my BFF had earned the title by being so unbelieveably helpful. When I told her my sister was upset she went above and beyond and told me if I changed my mind she would happily be a Bridesmaid. This made the decision even easier. She is a true friend and support and I wanted to honor her. Go with your heart! If you want 2 have 2!

The topic ‘2 MOH’s?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors