2 months away and no tux fitting????

posted 3 years ago in Grooms/men
Post # 3
30284 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@MeadowsBee:  Guys will be guys. 😛  Have you asked the place you’re getting the tuxes from what kind of timeline you should be on?  Maybe they need some deadlines!

Post # 4
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Call the shop and ask them when is the latest they can go in. Our shop is 2 weeks before the wedding.

Post # 5
43 posts
  • Wedding: December 2019

Are they having custom tuxedos made from scratch?  If not, they have plenty of time left.  If you are renting, the policy will vary from shop to shop, but it should only take a few days notice.  If you a buying off the rack, the tailor should be able to adjust it with a week’s notice.

I once phoned in my measurements and had a tuxedo delivered to my hotel 5 hours later.  Ok, don’t tell them that – it’s better to give them a deadline – but don’t let this stress you out!

Post # 6
43 posts
  • Wedding: December 2019

Oh, and just as an idea – my groomsmen and I are going out for a Saturday lunch, then fittings, then an action movie.  That way they two who don’t know each other well can bond and I can be confident that everyone ordered the right thing.

Post # 8
1952 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

FH and the other GMs aren’t going to get theirs til maybe 2 weeks beforehand, just in case of weight gain and such.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors