(Closed) 2 months in – the regrets sink in.

posted 8 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
Hostess
18646 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I’m sorry about the regrets you have!  Sounds like the weding was wonderful otherwise though!

Post # 4
314 posts
Helper bee

Dont worry about it!! Im sure you were just beautiful even with your hair not the way you exactly wanted!

Post # 5
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Might be able to retouch the white out of the photos, that’s not something that should’ve been there. I’m a graphic designer turned professional photographer, which gives me a bit more varied experience using retouching software. How much white is there?

If you are interested, feel free to message me and maybe I can help?

Post # 6
1209 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I am sorry!! =( Maybe you could get some shots of you in your dress done. A lot of people do that.

Post # 7
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Oh hun, don’t worry, it’s all good. I have a few regrets about our own wedding. One in particular is my hair also. It just didn’t come out the way I had hoped, and my bangs were outta control (I knew I should have gone in for a trim before the wedding, but I didn’t). They still bother me a little, but not as much. I’ve pretty much let everything go.

This helped me get over stuff: your wedding is not the only time you can get dressed up and have pictures taken. There’s always a day after option or an anniversary session. My husband and I are hiring a photographer that has a slightly different style than our wedding photographer to take some pictures of us on our one-year anniversary. We know we’ll be more relaxed and I’ll definitely remember to get my bangs trimmed before this one 🙂

But honestly, I was the only one who noticed small stuff like that. Over time, you’ll just feel better about it.

Post # 9
3125 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

photoshop the hair, girl!

Post # 10
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

I agree photoshop the hair.  As for the dress picture I’m sure that you look very pretty and the bouquet really comes with the whole look… but if you still aren’t happy then go have some bridal portraits done.

Just don’t do what my SIL did. She hated her wedding photos and thus didn’t bother to go through them and make the album or have any englarged and framed. So here it is a year later and they have zero professional photos to display. 

Post # 11
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I felt similar regrets about 2 months after the wedding, about my dress and my apperance in pictures, and I will tell you this – now with the wedding 6 months behind us, I’m over it. You will be too. I can look at pictures that made me wince and be completely happy with them. I remember my dress with fondness. As time goes on, those things will fade away and you’ll only remember the best, happiest parts of the day. I agree you should definitely make sure you create an album, but maybe give yourself another month to mull over the photos. I’m positive that you’ll feel no regrets in a few months time!

The topic ‘2 months in – the regrets sink in.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors