(Closed) 2 months married!!!!! In-laws are destroying everything!!! Need advice

posted 8 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
2289 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Does he know how much this is screwing with your marriage? Because if you’re at the point that you’re ready to leave him, he needs to know that. Have you considered marriage counseling?

Post # 4
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

((hugs))

i really dont have advice.  im going through a similar situation with my husband.  its not related to a house, but he keeps lying to me about financial issues.  my hubs has HORRIBLE credit b/c he’s financially irresponsible, and im afraid im going to get stuck paying off all his debt, even though HE makes substantially more than me.  I just dont understand where the money is going…

so i guess you and I need to have serious talks with the spouse.  what is the truth and what is you telling me anything so i will shut up?  not cool… before you consider walking (which I have), you guys (and me too) need to have a very serious conversation about trust and partnership in your marriage.  i dont think its a good idea for him to have this investment property – that is in his parents names – that he is using joint income to maintain.

good luck!!

Post # 5
2641 posts
Sugar bee

Wow. I’m so sorry.  I feel for you.  I agree with you, that something is going on here.  SO many things with that house did not go right.  Buying a house with his brother…might be OK, but can get messy, because someone is bound to want out at some point.  His parents put in money, and put the house in their name?…. Uhh, that means it’s their house, and your husband is paying RENT.  If it was his house, it would be in his name.

HOnestly, if he wanted a house, and could afford one, he should have just put his own money in.  The fact that he needed his parents’ money to get it, says he shouldn’t have “bought” it.  But I suppose that isn’t very helpful to you.

I don’t know what his relationship with this parents is like.  But I’m with you, I think he needs to cut his losses and let the house go.

Post # 6
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m sorry to hear you are going through this trouble. I would seriously sit down and lay all the options on the table and tell him you are considering leaving. At no point should a grown man let his parents affect his decisions more than his wife.

My soon to be husband has horrible credit, and mine is awesome, so I can relate a little.  To his credit, he has been very honest about it and we are working together to make it better.  Honesty is key and it sounds like he is holding back information.

The topic ‘2 months married!!!!! In-laws are destroying everything!!! Need advice’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors