(Closed) 2 months til wedding & now getting my period!!

posted 8 years ago in Intimacy
Post # 3
18645 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

My periods regulated pretty well within the first month of taking the pill.  If you are taking a normal monthly pill it should be okay, an extended pill you might get more break through bleeding.  You should start the pills right away and with 2 months, you should be able to move your period a bit with the pills.

Post # 4
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

the sugar pills are when you get your period, my doctor told me (when I was on the pill a long time ago) that sometimes if there is a reason, ie wedding, or vacation you can skip your period that month by starting your new pack when you’re supposed to take the sugar pills… talk to your doctor about it and see what she says.

Post # 5
2408 posts
Buzzing bee

i’d ask the doctor about how long it takes for it to be regular. the average time i’ve heard was a month. how long do you have until your wedding? because when i want to skip a period, i usually start a month out or so just in case i experience some breakthrough bleeding in the mean time. i’ve skipped cycles with no phsycial issues but that also depends on the type of pill you take.

so in the end, ask your doctor! i brought a whole list of questions to ask. i think there were like, 20 questions or something. i apologized for being a nerd but i’m glad i did ask everything i could think of. it help explain the pill and the possible side effects and everything and it helped me get comfy with taking it. so write down questions as you come up on them so you won’t forget when you’re talking with your doctor.

Post # 6
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

my period started being regular the first month i took it, also, like what2bee said, there is a way to adjust your pills to get your period when you want it…ask your doctor about it, she should be able to help you plan it all out!

best of luck!

Post # 8
790 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

The pill will kick in within a few days, you will be able to set or reset your cycle with it. You can continue your pill through when your period would normally occur, the first month you period skip you may see some minor spotting but it will pass. As long as you are having 4 periods a year you don’t need to have a monthly period while on the pill. Good luck

The topic ‘2 months til wedding & now getting my period!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors