2 Months to go! I feel like I'm forgetting things!

posted 2 weeks ago in October 2017
Post # 2
1492 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

hunting_bride :  

We went with my fiances daughter yesterday to look at maid of honor dresses. I was blown away that we couldn’t pick some because they would arrive too late.

Blown away because I can’t believe how close we are. The wedding has been set for a year and it always seemed so far away!!

My first fitting is this week, all vendors have deposits, invites just went out, hair and makeup trial has been booked as well as booked for the wedding day, AND my shower is on Saturday.

I’m blown away at how close it is now!! I’m confident that we have everything set except for the dj playlist, he said he will sit down with us next month.

Things are seriously moving now.

Post # 3
1303 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - The Lodge at Little Seneca Creek

I think you have everything (or most things) covered! I just got married a little over a week ago. What helped me the most was to try to visualize everything and make sure I had everything covered. Unfortunately, there’s a lot that has to wait until about a month before the wedding when you have the final guest count. That’s when I did the run-down; I don’t think there’s anything I forgot about, and if there is, oh well! Haha.

Post # 4
933 posts
Busy bee

hunting_bride :  October bride here! I’m feeling the same way you are – I’ve gotten major items out of the way, but still feel like there is lots to do and so little time. Where in the world did the time go? I’m still not stressing though, thankfully, and we just did our engagement pictures yesterday which made everything feel so real. I’m beyond excited to marry the love of my life.

Here’s what’s left on my to-do-list:

1. Mail out invitations & launch wedding website

2. Send final numbers to caterer and rental company

3. Order wedding cake

4. Order wedding flowers for DIY centerpieces

5. Book bridal hair appointment

6. Floral Arch DIY Project – commissioned my aunt to do this one

7. Sandalwood Fans DIY Project

8. Toasting Flutes DIY Project

9. Send final logistics document to all vendors – since I don’t have a DOC

10. Send final payments to all vendors

Good luck with your to-do-list!! xoxo Edited to Add: 11. Oh crap – forgot, I need to get my marriage license, that’s fairly important. lol

Post # 5
1045 posts
Bumble bee

Stressed! Much to do and we are very busy. We have 3 free weekends until the wedding.

Our to do list:

1) seating chart

2) menu cards

3) signs for around the wedding

4) centrepieces 

5) finalize menu

6) decor 

7) ceremony content

8) music 

9) table numbers

10) welcome sign 

11) receiving table

12) memorial table 

13) connect with videographer & photographer & DJ & officiant 

14) find bracelet for wedding 

15) bridal party gifts 

16) grooms gift 

17) parents gift 

18) vows

19) toast/speech 

20) table number frames 

21) ties and pocket squares 

22) groom shoes 

23) Snapchat filter

24) update our website 

25) decor PowerPoint 

26) guestbook

27) letter to steve for day of wedding l

28) marriage license 

Post # 6
367 posts
Helper bee

I feel like I’m in a good place. I need to order my veil, and my alterations will be done and ready for my fitting in a couple weekends. We’ve had 64 people RSVP so far.

I need to make some signage and finalize my song list. I’m really pretty much done though.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors