2 months to go! *October Brides*

posted 2 years ago in October 2014
Post # 2
Hostess
8680 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

I’m kind of at a standstill right now.. today is the first day off i’ve had in ages where I haven’t been doing something wedding related. I’m currently waiting on supplies for a few last minute DIY projects, and alot of things can’t be done until a later date once we get rsvp numbers back.

Post # 3
347 posts
Helper bee

I’ve had my first dress fitting – 2nd is in the middle of September.

RSVPs have started to come back in…. want them all to arrive! We haven’t had a no yet, which isn’t necessarily a good thing, we need a few people to decline to fit everone in!

I’ve paid off the church, and we’re in the middle of arranging the flowers with the church wardens.

I’ve booked the hotel room for us for our wedding night this week, which is very exciting!

FI is taking his dad for suit fittings this weekend.

My wedding ring has arrived, and we’re ordering FI’s next week after payday.

Need to order my veil ASAP…. still choosing but running out of time!

Hair/makeup trial at the end of this month.

All coming together, eek!

Post # 4
2581 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - UK

Had my hair and makeup trial over the weekend, so I’m showing photos to anyone who stands still long enough.

Also we’ve met with the priest, arranged the organist and choir, and the flower girl dresses have arrived!

Post # 6
1251 posts
Bumble bee

Our wedding is October 11th. I sent out invitations last Monday night and already have back 15 response cards all accepting the invite so that’s exciting. I get excited to come home and check the mail. I just hope I don’t have to chase anyone down for an answer and meal choice at deadline time. 

Last Saturday our wedding bands were purchased and I went with FMIL to pick out a dress For her to wear. This weekend is my bachelorette (yay!) it may seem a little early for that but I’m a bridesmaid in a friends wedding in November and her shower is in September so i didn’t want too many things planned next month. 

I already had had my first alteration appt and go for my second Sept 13th and my third and last will be September 27th which is the day before my 29th birthday. 

Honeymoon on has been booked. We are going to Aruba for a week. 

I go in the beginning September with my florist to the flower exchange to check out flowers for arrangements and boquets but I have a goo idea of what I want already.  

Almost all all decorations have been ordered, just need to order menu cards and ribbon wands. I need to finish up a few DIY projects but nothing major (typing special poems for each table and toiletry baskets for the bathrooms)

my hair and makeup trial are next weekend. 

We we still need to finalize song choices and full out the questionnaire our officiant sent us to personalize out ceremony. She does a “love story” which I love as FI is terrified of public speaking so won’t say his own vows but I still want our ceremony to be special and emotional and Personal to us. 

my mother hasn’t gotten a MOB bride yet so she may want to have a shopping day With me. 

i have random beauty appointments scheduled from now until wedding week and have been doing Pure Barre classes most nights after work. 

Once I get all my response cards back we will work on seating chart which I doubt will be fun. 

since sending out the invites I def feel less stressed but im sure it will come back next month. 

Post # 7
60 posts
Worker bee

I hope I’m pretty organised, but a lot of stuff I can’t do yet because I’m not back in the states yet.  But I’ve already organised meetings with all of my vendors, marriage license, groomsman suit hire, organised my hair and makeup trial—all for the first few days we land in Boston.

I’m just trying to select my ceremony music–having the hardest time choosing what I want, and if I can have it coordinated with my vocalist.  Just booking the Mexico part of the honeymoon—the rest can be booked later.  I also have to sort out the alcohol and signature drink service.

And just getting bridesmaid/groomsmen gifts, and a few reception decor items coordinated.  Other than that, I think I have organised everything way in advance so I’m not stressed when I get back to Boston.  Next few weeks will be hens/bucks parties, and organising stuff for being away for 6 weeks (mail hold, lawn mowing service, getting timers put on the lights, etc) and packing.

Aaaahhh I just can’t wait to finish work and head back stateside! 🙂

Post # 8
122 posts
Blushing bee

Kacie209:  I feel like I have a lot done. 

I’m just waiting for tons of things I ordered online to come in the mail over the next month or two (getting ready robes, bridal accessories, doggie bow tie). 

Here’s what I have left to pay/purchase:

• Renting a car
  • Finishing DIY hangers (super easy, I’ve done 2 so far)
  • Buying flower girl’s shoes
  • Buying a dress for my dog (Yes, I’m one of those people.)
  • Paying off the tux rental
  • Bridal clutch

I had my first alterations fitting a few days ago. Next week we’re getting our marriage license. Yay!

Post # 9
131 posts
Blushing bee

October 4th bride here!  We started planning last October so my mindset has just recently changed from “oh we have plenty of time” to “omg we only have a matter of weeks to go”.  Have a ton of things done and ready, but some things will have to wait until all the rsvp’s come back.

Have any of you October brides stressed over what the weather may be on your big day?  This morning I thought it was incredibly chilly (here in NJ) for August.  Maybe we just have an unusual weather system at the moment… just crossing my fingers that Fall weather doesn’t come too early as we have an indoor/outdoor affair.

Post # 10
1067 posts
Bumble bee

October 11th bride checking in!

• We sent out our invitations the weekend before last and so far we’ve received only 4 back with 2 yesses and 2 noes.  I’m actually a little relieved with the “noes”. 😉
  • I had my 1st dress fitting this past Sunday and the 2nd will be September 25th.
  • Rehearsal restaurant and menu booked.
  • Hair trial will be this weekend
  • Currently working on ceremony details with our newly ordained friend and song choices with FI and the DJ
  • Waiting to hear back from our event manager regarding our cake. Our venue provides a cake from a preferred vendor, but we didn’t like their cake so the event manager is trying to either get the cutting fee waived (a stipulation they have if you use another vendor), or credit us for the amount of the provided cake in the package.
  • The DIY projects I’m working on this week are putting together a fabric covered magnetic board for our seating chart display, and sanding and staining the ring box the ring bearer will be carrying.
  • I still have to order stuff for our centerpieces and whoopie pie favors, but I’m waiting until we get our RSVPs back which are due on September 15th.
  • I’m starting to collect samples of toiletries for our bathroom baskets.

There are like 20+ detail related stuff that are unchecked on my to-do list, but I’m getting there.

ryba1985 – I was just thinking about what the weather will be like too since it’s definitely been a very mild August for DC area standards.  We’re having an outdoor ceremony so the cardigans I was debating on getting myself and my maids have been added to my to-dos.

ETA: SprinkleDonut:  I got a bow tie for my pup and I just ordered cuffs with matching cufflinks too. Definitely no judgement here!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  vip0802.
Post # 11
131 posts
Blushing bee

vip0802 & SprinkleDonut

We ordered a bandana for our dog : )  She is just as big a part of our ceremony as anyone else!

Post # 12
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Church

Kacie209:  Had my first dress fitting and confirmed the florist. My mom found her dress. So we are going back on the 30th for my 2nd fitting and for her to see how hers fits after they change the corset back to a zipper. Bridal shower this Saturday (!). Our RSVPs, for the most part, have come in. We sent a total of 94 out and are waiting on 11 more. We are currently 3 below our minimum head count so I *hope* that we have 3 more people confirm yes (we are at 67 people). Not much else going on. I think it is mostly just waiting now since I need to wait to get the rest of the RSVPs in to make a final seating plan.

Post # 13
2007 posts
Buzzing bee

Had our cake tasting yesterday (yummy!) and paid the whole thing off! All of our other vendors (photog, DJ, photo booth) were paid off last week, except for my MUA. Luckily, my dress doesn’t need any alterations. Ordered flowers for centerpieces. I’m DIYing our invitations, so I need to finish those up and get them in the mail this week. 2nd makeup trial is next week — I had a bad reaction to the foundation she used the first time. My 2nd shower is Sept. 21 and my bachelorette party is Spet. 26. I’m ordering our guest book and BM’s robes on Etsy next week. I fnalized our day-of timeline last week. I’m getting excited!

ryba1985:  Yeah, I’m a bit nervous. We’re getting married on the 18th and really want to have our ceremony in the couryard at the hotel. We have to order chairs for the courtyard a month in advance, so our coordinator suggested we forget about it and get married in one of the smaller ballrooms..but my FI and I are like, nah, we’ll chance it lol. I really hope it works out for you, too!

Post # 15
131 posts
Blushing bee

October is tricky… let’s all pray/hope/meditate for good weather for us October brides!

We have a Plan B for the ceremony on October 4th, but the celebration would have to be moved to our rain date October 11th.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors