(Closed) 2 months to go, what DIY projects are you doing? {JUNE 2013}

posted 5 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
705 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

EEEP!! It is getting closer and closer!! I need to get my butt into gear and finish mailing invites! Then… well I need to motivate myself to work on our programs!

Post # 4
7184 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@missmorganista:  just finished my DIY invites to be sent out soon! Now I need to get started on table numbers and my favors. No idea what to do for table numbers yet, but I’m making sun flower and heart chocolates for the favors!

Post # 6
747 posts
Busy bee

Just finished our DYI invitations and sending them out today! We need to get going on designing our fingerprint tree guest book. Then beginning of May I will start baking the whoopie pie favors and freeze them.

Post # 7
371 posts
Helper bee

OMG it is coming up so soon!  I’m going to do a trial run of the programs this weekend.  I still have to do:  table numbers, signs for whatever we need them for, card box (since my luggage idea didn’t work out), wish tags (instead of a guest book), and I don’t know what else!!

Post # 8
1729 posts
Bumble bee

I’m not DIY’ing like anything. My wedding is in Philly so I’m worried that things will break on their way up, so I’ve mostly just ordered things online and had them shipped there. The company who did our letterpress invitations will also be doing our day-of materials, so those will be nice, handmade touches, just not handmade by me 🙂

Post # 9
396 posts
Helper bee

Working on some more programs, I have 109 finished. I need to start on stuff for the kids activities table (coloring books, etc) Signs for the kids table, instagram sign, guestbook sign. 

Post # 10
7184 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Oh gosh. I completely forgot about programs. Guess I have to add that to my to do list! I was also thinking about doing something for the kids but I’m just not sure what yet. It’s coming up so fast!

Post # 13
316 posts
Helper bee

I have a few signs I want to make, our table numbers and our guest book. I’m wondering if programs are necessary? We’re having an outside wedding so I would like to make program fans for our guests.

Thinking about everything left to do just makes me feel so overwhlemed so I like to think about the things that I have accomplished lol Now I need to get myself in gear and get things done!

Post # 14
1004 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Emma20130601:  Like you, I have a few signs to make and table numbers. I just finished the fingerprint tree. FI is going to make cornhole boards. FMIL is going to design stamped tags for the favor boxes and put them together. I need to figure out what makeup foundation I will use to DIY my makeup and do some trials (am waiting till I get a little sun. Spring is not cooperating though, it just SNOWED yesterday!).

Post # 15
447 posts
Helper bee

Our wedding is at a winery, and very wine themed.

I finished designing my invitations and my guestbook this week, which were exciting tasks.

My mom is building lawn games (jenga, cornhole, kerplunk, bocci ball, ladder ball, and a couple others), so I need to help out with those and make corresponding signs.

Our centerpieces are going to be wine bottles painted in our colors, with bottle topper candelabras.

Our venue is giving us lots of empty wine bottles to use. We are going to cut the tops off and fill them with wax to make candles. The original wine label will remain on the front as a reminder of our venue, but the back will have a personalized label in honor of our wedding.

I really need to get my butt in motion to get some stuff done!

Post # 16
4687 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

I did all my DIY stuff but recently I finished my table numbers:

they’re going to be by year ’87, ’88, ’89 with a cute photo of FI and us from that year.

The topic ‘2 months to go, what DIY projects are you doing? {JUNE 2013}’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors