Post # 1
Hi August Bees! Can you believe how quickling time is flying? Only 2 months left to go.
What do you still have left to do?
- Buy a bra for the wedding gown (appt. set for 6/15)
- Apply for marriage license (have to wait until 3 weeks before wedding)
- Give final number of guests to wedding caterer (4 days before wedding)
- Pick up tuxedos (2 days before wedding)
- Pick up cake (morning of wedding)
- Pick up bouquets, corsages & boutonnieres (day of wedding)
We’re in the home stretch!
Only 1 month & 28 days to go
Post # 3
I’d like to think we’re pretty much done! I think the only thing we have left to do is book our honeymoon and the rehearsal dinner.
Other than that we are waiting for a few things to arrive: my dress, flowers and chair covers. The wait is the worst, especially for my dress.
Post # 4
1. Finalize rehearsal dinner menu
2. Send out rehearsal dinner invites
3. Book hair appoiintment
4 Go over music with DJ
5. Venue meeting with caterer to go over layout
6. Finish Ceremony Programs
7. Obtain Marriage License
8. Finish the details
9. Finish Bridal Party Gifts
10. PAY for everything
ANd Finally Have Fun, Get Married, and Live Happily Ever After
Post # 5
A few crafts and decorations. I need to figure out how exactly I want to do my hair and makeup since I am doing it myself (AHH). I need to have final meetings with my photographer, baker and officiant too.
Post # 6
- Wedding: August 2012 - Sunset Harbour
- Get bridal shoes
- Work on escort cards
- Hair trial & book hair appointment for day of
- Engagement pictures (IF THE WEATHER WILL EVER COOPERATE!)
- Finalize menu
- Finish Ceremony Programs
- Obtain Marriage License
- Make card box (Fiance’s job)
- Finish Bridal Party Gifts
- Get parent gifts
- Get family musicians gifts
- Write vows
- Make table #s
- Make cupcake flavor cards
- Finalize things with florist
- Get bra for wedding dress
- Make cards for Make a Wish/Take a Fish
- Get candy sharks for Make a Wish/Take a Fish
- Finish Shower thank-yous
I know there is probably a TON of other things that I am missing. I am officially starting to panic!!!!
Post # 7
Lots of little details which are annoying..
- Making the seating chart
- Get marriage license
- Finish vows
- Buy Bridesmaid gifts
- Paint my table numbers and design the paper
- Finish picking out music (arrgh)
- Finalize the timeline
- Pay for everything
- Finalize all details with vendors
- Officially order the food for the rehearsal dinner
- Finish alterations on my dress
- Book my beauty appointments (facials, manicure/pedicure etc..)
I can’t believe its 1 month and 29 days to go.. Definitely feeling more real now! Starting to feel the pressure more..
Post # 8
- Find shoes for me and FI
- Find dress for the flowergirl
- DIY centerpieces
- Finish crocheting bouquet and bouts
- Pick up wedding rings
- Decide on hairstyle. Can’t do that until I see how long my hair will get..
- Meet with musician to finalize music choice.
..and a few smaller things but I’m strangely calm. I can’t wait to get married!!
Post # 9
OY let’s see here:
Finalize FH’s outfit
Buy my jewelry
Get fitting (First is this coming sunday!)
Print and assemble programs
do escort cards
finalize menu choices
finalize wine choice
finish song list
finish day of itinerary
write a packing list for wedding trip as well as HM
I’m sure there’s more!
Post # 10
Sooo Much To DOOOO!!!
Send out invites
Make escort cards
Centerpiece details (buy ribbon and candles)
Make table numbers
Make paper lantern decor for ceremony
Make programs (I still have to find sticks to make program fans)
Dress fitting/groom shirt
Get BM dresses
Meet cake baker
Finish DJ list
Get marriage license
Order favor supplies (cookies, boxes, stickers & paper)
FIND OFFICIANT!!! (ours cancelled last week!)
Okay, so I am not a super picky person, so I expect MOST of this to be smooth sailing…wish me luck!
Post # 11
My DIY’s to finish are
~BM gifts- jewelry, jewelry boxes, clutches and hangers (about 1/3 done)
~Sew burlap table runners
~make deserts for sweet table (can’t do till August)
~sew Jr BM and FG dress (need to start pretty soon!)
~figure out what to do with ceremony arch
decide how to decorate outside patio
figure out what to do about paper lantern lighting (my electrical engineer FI is being no help!)
Put together ceremony- readings, vows
Dress fitting/Tux fitting (in July)
order candy for desert buffet
Get marriage licence (in August)
finish bridal accessories- bra and braclet
programs (have them started- waiting til the week before to finish)
And reading your lists I have about 12 other things to put on mine, which means I need to get off weddingbee and work stuff that needs to get done!
Post # 13
Well quite a few things! God I’m un-organized!
- Hold bachelor and bachelorette party’s.
- Hold relaxing spa day/pyjama party with my girls! (Havent decided which yet!)
- Confirm everything with wedding planner, baker, caterer, beautician.
- Confirm all hooneymoon bookings.
- Fly to milan for last dress fittings with all the bridesmaids.
- Send FI off to tuxedo fittings with the other groomsmen
- Spend a week with my sister in mine and FI’s villa in mykonis, greece, before wedding to relax.
Post # 14
Oooooh, lets see…
Inform caterer of final guest numbers
Buy Grooms shirt
Paying installments as and when it’s time
Think that’s pretty much it…
Buy bridesmaids shoes
Post # 15
I keep thinking I dont have much to do, then I read these posts and realize crap maybe I do 🙁
So here we go my list that keeps getting bigger:
Flower girl dress and basket
Check status of my dress and get all my final alterations done
Get my veil and have my hair and make-up trial
Finish all my DIY projects ie. favors and centerpieces
Get marraige license
Attend both my bridals showers and all 3 of my bachelorette partys 🙂
And of course all the final stuff right before the weddings ie. payments and final numbers
This list could go on and on I really need to sit down and make a big list and start checking things off, never thought there was so much too do when planning a wedding.
Post # 16
@Lyndzo: Freaking about my dress date twin! When is your dress supposed to be in? Mine, not until the first week in AUGUST! UGH!!!