(Closed) 2 more weeks!!!!!!!

posted 7 years ago in January 2011
Post # 3
1560 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

YAAAAAAAAAAY! I have one extra week than you but one measley week doesn’t mean too much, right?! 😉 I just graduated TODAY so now it’s time to relax and get ready for the wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweedddddiiiiinnnnggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I’m so excited!! I really feel like I need you ladies to tell me what you’re doing and getting ready because I’m pretty sure I’m too calm.

Post # 5
5921 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I know, it is so crazy! I have 5 more days of work before taking off for two weeks!

We guaranteed our numbers (225!) to the caterer Friday.  We ordered our linens, finalized our ceremony, and had my hair trial on Saturday!

I still have to design and print our programs, finish the centerpieces, find a guest book (I totally forgot about this one, LOL!), etc.  Just little things at this point! We have to go pick up the wine (we can bring in our own!) next weekend too.

Post # 7
5921 posts
Bee Keeper

@trugem – Holy shitballs.  I won’t complain anymore then! Haha! 

Post # 9
5921 posts
Bee Keeper

Oh I definitely understand that.  Our actual guest count is 197, but we have so many outstanding that we are preparing for 225. Luckily our reception is cocktail party style, so the food will definitely get eaten!

Post # 10
468 posts
Helper bee

@trugem: I am so emotional as well! I keep thinking,  “2 weeks from now I’ll be his wife!!”

We had our final meeting with the florist today & I have my makeup trial tomorrow. We just have to work on our favors and programs and we’re all set!

Post # 11
329 posts
Helper bee

i didnt realise so many of us were doing school, we got some serious multi-tasking skills in here!

I had my last class on wed and handed in my last assignment on Thursday . I’m so relieved that I have one less thing to get in the way of wedding stuff 🙂

@KansasPrincess11: congratulations on graduating!

Right now I’m trying to choose ceremony songs.

O and I had a very surprise shower yesterday 🙂

Post # 12
664 posts
Busy bee

There are a lot of school brides here! I graduate in May, thank goodness!! I can’t wait.  I finished up this semester on the 14th, so now I have plenty of time to focus on wedding stuff, when I’m not working that is.  I’m so excited for all of us!! I can’t believe how close it is.  I’ve also been very emotional lately.  I absolutely can’t wait to marry him but there are so many mixed emotions!!

Post # 13
23 posts
Newbee

So many other student January brides!

I wish I’d known this earlier, because I’ve felt so alone jugging studying and wedding planning.  I’m also marrying in January(the 15th), graduating in May. 

My last final was on Thursday, and I *still* keep thinking I need to step away from the wedding websites and study study study.  I can already tell this month is going to be a blur – I have a to-do list that I’m in denial about.

Since my last final, I’ve:

-assembled the favors

-covered ~200 buttons with fabric for my dress

-finalized my registry (yes it’s a little late)

-spent hours researching ceremony wordings, because the generic one our officiant emailed us is cheesy and references a religion we don’t believe in.

today we will:  get our marriage license and meet with our officiant, he of the cheesy ceremony!

The topic ‘2 more weeks!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors