2 night minimum

posted 3 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
2476 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014 - Italian Villa

I think if you pay for some or all of your bridal party’s accomodations, it shouldn’t be a problem. What day of the week are you getting married? If it’s a Saturday wedding, I would be totally happy to go on Friday night after work and stay through Sunday. 

If I were you, I’d get with your BP and see who wants to stay there and book those rooms pronto so they can have cheaper ones 

We are having our wedding at a villa where the minimum is a whole week, but it’s a destination wedding, so we just chalked the rental fee for the week up to the cost of the venue, and the parents and BP are staying with us all week (aka paying for their accomodations). How far do your BP members live from the venue? If it’s long distance for them, I would encourage you to pay for their rooms entirely if you can.

Post # 2
11626 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Honestly, if you want them to stay with you at a hotel that requires a two night stay, you should pay for it.  That’s not a cheap hotel at all, and I’m sure they’re paying for a lot of other stuff.  There’s no way in hell I’d shell out that kind of money on top of attire, travel, shower costs, bachelorette parties, and gifts for all of these events.  If they’re single, perhaps they could share rooms, but if any are married, that would get awkward.

Why is it necessary for all of them to stay there?  At my wedding, we were out partying with family after the rehearsal dinner. One BM went home after, one stayed with her husband, SIL stayed with her family, and one stayed with me so avoid commuting back in the morning, and it was completely fine.  We were just sleeping, after all.  And the night before your wedding, you’re going to want to try to sleep!

Post # 4
1441 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

abbie017:  +1  Both the money and the time away from their lives and families is a lot to ask.  They can drive in for the ceremony and go home – they don’t need to stay anywhere.  Once you add Maine hotel taxes etc, that is going to be an extra $500-1000 you’re asking them to spend.

Post # 5
6171 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

i looked at a place that had $400/night rooms with no discount.  DH, my mom and I loved the venue but we could not ask our guests to pay that price.  there were much less expensive hotels 15 minutes away but i liked the idea of everyone being in the same place.  so we found another location that was even better.

luckily we were invited to a wedding this summer at that location so we can finally try the delicious food.

Post # 6
5697 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

If you want them to stay with you the night before, then you should certainly pay for the rooms. As for the night of your wedding, they are on their own and can either stay there and pay, or go to the cheaper place. 

Post # 7
7281 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

The rooms at our venue (a small b&b) were $400 a night. We bought out the place both for privacy reasons and to make life as easy as possible on our families and bridal party. We also reserved a room block at the hotel that was a block away from our venue for $125/night for our other guests and got them to waive the 2 night minimum requirement by guaranteeing the hotel at least 10 rooms reserved (even if we ended up paying for some of those rooms). It was important to us to make our wedding as easy as possible for everyone. Us getting married was no good reason to make life harder for our favorite people.

Post # 8
1793 posts
Buzzing bee

If you want them to stay at a more expensive place, I think you need to pay for it.  Even if you pay for their attire that is a lot of money to expect them to spend for a hotel when they can be down the road for a lot less money.  I wouldn’t be too happy to spend that kind of money when a reasonable alternative is available.  I understand wanting them there, but it isn’t right to ask them to spend that kind of money

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors