(Closed) 2 of my sisters getting married…

posted 5 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
960 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@mrsrecon:  Maybe you can suggest they announce early May to give a month for that to blow over?

Hopefully your worries about your sister aren’t true in that she wants to hurry to get married first, but even if she does know that your time and enegry spent planning will surely show and you’ll have a spectacular wedding. If your sister doesn’t order her dress yet thats no big deal, mine is a month after yours and 2 of my BMs (including my sister) haven’t even picked their dress, let alone ordered it.

Post # 5
3039 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I completely understand that you’re upset, reading your post it does sound as you’re… well, kind of left out. Why did your stepsister tell your other sister, but not you?

Regarding them steeling your thunder, I can see you point, but try to comfort yourself with the fact that people that care for you will be equally excited about your wedding regardless what happens around it. I guess it’s a little bit like having a new pet (or kids, but I don’t have them yet…) – the love is enough for more than one.

Regarding your sister, tell her that she have to get her act together and get the dress because it hurts you that she’s neglecting to do so.

Post # 6
960 posts
Busy bee

@mrsrecon:  I didn’t realize their dress took sooo long, here its most 3 months for a BM dress. Let her know the problem then and maybe ask her if she even wants to be in the bridal party now? If she doesn’t it may save some of your stress 🙂

Post # 7
2118 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Well, first off it sounds like your first sister is really trying to rush things. How does she know she is getting engaged? She is probably jumping the gun and sounds a little cray-cray to me. 

And hopefully your other sister is better than you say she is. It looks like she has a tough road ahead of her. 

What does the rest of your family think about them? Do they think they’re crazy? Because that might take the pressure off you actually. I’d just focus on your wedding and not care what your sisters are doing. You will look like the only normal one.

Post # 9
3420 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@Elky:  Yeah, it seems perfectly accpetable for everyone else to make demands. why cant you?

Post # 10
927 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Ugh I got mad just reading this lol.

Don’t even worry about your step sister, what’s done is done, and if she’s that impulsive she’ll probably have a hard time keeping her marriage secret till May! Even if by some miracle she waits till May, she’s just going to look like an ass announcing her 4 month old marriage right before your wedding Wink

Now, your other sister….if I were you I’d kick her out of the bridal party. She’s obviously not serious about her role in your wedding if she was unwilling to order her dress in time. Plus it sounds like she’s only going to cause you stress, which is the opposite of what a bridal party’s for!

You sound like a caring & thoughtful person, I really really really wouldn’t worry about your sisters stealing any thunder. If anything their immature actions will only make you stand out as the sister who deserves a perfect wedding day. Best of luck to you!

Post # 11
5479 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Stepsister sounds crazy, and it’s probably best to just let that one go.  She will announce when she announces, and I really wouldn’t let it bother me at all.

As for your BM/sister, well if she doesn’t order the dress then she isn’t in the wedding, simple as that.  The only thing a bridesmaid absolutely MUST do is buy the dress and show up- if she can’t manage to do that then she can just sit with your family during the ceremony and there isn’t anything you can do about it.  She’s an adult, and if she can’t figure out when to order a dress then it is her problem, not yours.

Post # 12
553 posts
Busy bee

@mrsrecon:  🙁 I’m sorry about all this. I’d be bummed out too. Just forget about all them as much as you can and think about your wedding day and all your friends, your parents and your family (not them, the others), and how pretty you will look…and most of all, your man standing at the end of that aisle for you. It’s going to be a great day and those two sisters can’t take any of that away from you.

Oh, and she needs to get that damn dress.

The topic ‘2 of my sisters getting married…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors