2 options, cannot decide… help!

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
5 posts
Newbee

I like the look of a round personally, I think it’s simple and so classic.

Post # 3
13020 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Those are such different looks that you just need to decide which you like more.  I personally dont like the sharp points of a princess or emerald cut.  It’d be round or cushion for me anyday. 

Post # 5
2791 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - Walnut Hill Bed & Breakfast

Have you tried them both on? You may find that 1 looks better on you than the other.

Have you considered what kind of wedding band you might like? See how it would look with both. 

If you truely like them equally… then tell your guy to surprise you! 

Post # 6
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Restaurant

I like round.  It’s more versatile and it sparkles the most of any shape!

Post # 7
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

deee9:  I have a princess cut and it does get caught on things from time to time. However, one of my friends has a round and her prongs get caught on things just as much as mine do.  I was like you, I loved both round and princess. We didn’t ring shop together at all but he knew I wanted a super classic solitaire. He said he looked at cushions, princess, and round and he ended up with a princess because he said he was drawn to it the most. If you don’t have a preference have you considered asking your SO what his eye is drawn to and having him pick and surprise you? I absolutely love that he listened to what I wanted but the ring is a bit of him too! 

Post # 8
4819 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

deee9:  Oh that’s way too wide open. Lol! I prefer round where my best buddy prefers square!

Post # 9
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I love RBs!  

Post # 10
2891 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

deee9: I vote round — princesses can be more prone to chipping as well. It all depends on the cut + setting. 

Round doesn’t snag because it’s… round. If prongs are snagging on clothes, that’s a prong issue, not a diamond issue. 

If your prongs are snagging, you should get them checked ASAP. Loose prongs can lead to lost diamonds. 

Post # 11
1849 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Assuming that the prices of the diamonds are on-par, I would choose the higher quality diamond if you are not necessarily concerned with its shape.  The prongs on your GFs ring are what’s causing pulls in her sweaters. Do you have the specifications for each of the stones?  I’m sure we could debate the four c’s for quite a few days…

Post # 12
13020 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

deee9:  I can’t imagine that the actual cut of the diamond would snag on clothing.  Even though there is are points on a princess cut, there’s no edges to acutally snag.  Snagging can happen with any ring, round or square, and is due more to how well the stone is set and how well made the prongs are.

Post # 13
2661 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I strongly prefer round, especially in a classic solitaire.  🙂  But, you need to go with the shape you prefer.

Post # 14
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I’d go with round – it’s the classic shape and if you care about value – rounds are worth more than any other cut. 

Post # 15
108 posts
Blushing bee

go with round!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors