(Closed) 2 Photogs and a Videographer – How crowded did it feel?

posted 5 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
493 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@lauraminn:  Well the people sitting up front (like the family) are the most important. So, as long as they aren’t blocking them it should be fine.

3 people is great! You are really lucky to be able to have that. If anyone is agitated by it during the ceremony, it doesn’t matter. I hope the 3 of them get all up in your face. But for sure, one of the photographers will have a telephoto to take shots from afar so it shouldn’t be too crowded up front.

As a photographer, I’m used to old people and guests giving me the stink eye, but the quality of the photos are what matter and that the bride gets what she wants

Post # 4
882 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I didn’t notice our 2 photogs and videographer AT ALL during the ceremony, entrances, first dances, or dancing all night. Basically the only time I noticed them or even felt their presence was during the formal shots—even then the videographer was very discreet. When we got our pictures and videos back, I was shocked at how many up close and intimate moments they captured. It was almost as if they were attached to our hips all night! 

I think if you have professional photographers and videographers they know how to make themselves blen into the background. Good luck! 

Post # 5
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Part of my job ( especially when working in conjunction with a videographer) is to not be in the way of you, your family or guests. There’s zero need to be in your face. I firmly believe that a wedding is a celebration for your family and friends and not my private photo shoot. I refuse to block the view of the people who’ve known and love you their whole life to get a shot. That’s what a good lens is for. If I were you id communicate your concerns and make sure there is a balance between both. 

Post # 6
Bee
1902 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Franklin Plaza

We had 2 photogs and a videog. They worked SO well together and, as the bride, I barely noticed any of them. Maybe the guests noticed them and just never said anything to me, but I never once felt like they were being invasive.

During our ceremony specifically our videog and one of the photographers were in the way back of the room. The 2nd photog was at the front of the room, but stayed off to the left as to not block us from the guests. (Again, I never noticed them during the ceremony and only know their positions now based on the shots they took.) 

Post # 7
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@lauraminn:  we had 2 photographers and 2 videographers they both asked how “in your face” we wanted them to be. We told both to do whatever they had to in order to get their shots. A couple of times the videographers and photographers duked it out with one another haha but privately. And I only know this because we got the video raw footage 😛 we didn’t pay any attention to either of them and our guests had no complaints.

Post # 8
2053 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@lauraminn:  We had a team of 3 cinematographers and a team of 2 photographers! People joked we had the paparazzi but only upon first being introduced to them face to face. As the event began though, they did indeed blend into the background and were extremely professional in that regard and others. All you have to do is stress to your vendors that you really want your space. Ask where they will set up for the ceremony (our cinematographers drew us a little map of our ceremony space to illustrate their positions) and make any adjustments as you go along. If you’re really worried, assign someone to check in with them the day of the wedding to be sure they remain where you need them.

Post # 10
3141 posts
Sugar bee

We had one professional photographer and one student photographer and a videographer and her assistant and it was fine. It didn’t feel crowded for us brut we were martied outside. Just make sure to communicate the placing of extra cameras as one was in the aisle and they didn’t move it so it was in the photos 

Post # 12
6451 posts
Bee Keeper

We had 3 photographers – one main photographer w/ her assistant (who shot some), and we paid for an additional shooter as well. We weren’t anticipating the assistant would be shooting, so the fact she was ended up just being a bonus.

We also had 2 videographers.

Everyone worked great together, they all blended in to the background. It felt like we rarely saw them.

Post # 13
720 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

2 photogs, 2 videogs who snuck in a 3rd later in the evening (friends of my hubby) which kind of annoyed me. Now and then the group butted heads, and I articulated that I didn’t want anyone in aisles or up near us during the ceremony, though I do have a picture where I can see the videog behind a tree behind us, and in my first dance shots that 3rd videog’s flash got in the way. So 5 is definitely too many, but you’ll be fine with 3!

The topic ‘2 Photogs and a Videographer – How crowded did it feel?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors