2 Pieces of Advice for all Brides

posted 3 years ago in Recaps
Post # 3
22122 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2011

Great advice! I totally agree with #1. For #2, we left the morning after our wedding for our honeymoon, and while I didn’t regret it at all, I can absolutely see how nice and how much fun it’d be to have some time with family and time to breathe before heading off on the honeymoon. 🙂

Post # 4
4072 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I didn’t feel the same way as #1. I was actually terrified of feeling like I was on display all day, but ultimately I didn’t. I think it helped that my DH and I spent the morning together, and we had a first look. We were in it together the whole day.

But #2 – I absolutely agree! We loved being lazy the day after the wedding. It was so nice to relax and not have to worry about anything. I definitely recommend a small gap of a day or two between the wedding and honeymoon too.

Post # 5
1259 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@MelNye8988:  That’s great advice for sure. I love the idea of just taking a minute or two during the day and take it all in. I am going to try so hard to do this!

Post # 6
47 posts
  • Wedding: June 2014

I wish #2 was an option for us. We leave the resort at 2 am the night of our wedding, drive 2.5 hours, then get on a plane for 6 hours to make it to the cruise ship on time. Since he’s military, and back on leave for just three weeks, time is not something we get much of at all, and everything was pretty much planned around the cruise dates.

#1 shouldn’t be a problem, since it’s all of 25 (at most) guests and reception is just a catered dinner in an art gallery. I think I’d hate a big wedding. I don’t even like attending weddings with lots of guests; I feel like I’m invisible unless I’m super close to the couple.

Post # 7
10748 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

I can’t comment yet on #1,  but I’ve heard it many times so I imagine it’s great advice! As for }2 we aren’t leaving for 3 days after the wedding and I’m so glad. I don’t have to deal with honeymoon stuff like packing and cleaning out the fridge until after the wedding, and we still get to visit with the family that’s here versus rushing off immediately after. 

Post # 8
567 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@MelNye8988:  This is great advice! I really wish I would have seen my reception hall before everyone was in there and really soaked in everything. I tried to stop and take a look at all of my work but you get so caught up in everything! That was the fastest 4 hours of my life, so listen to her future brides, she speaks the truth 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors