(Closed) 2 plates but with same starch and veggie?

posted 10 years ago in Beehive
Post # 3
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2008

Our country club gave us free reign, but I don’t know if that’s true everywhere else.  They let us have any veggies and starch we wanted for either plate.  In fact, when my fiance asked about something that wasn’t an option, the head chef came out to discuss it with us and made up another alternative on the spot. 

Post # 4
95 posts
Worker bee

We are having out reception at a Fairmont Hotel and they are only offering the choice of veggies and 1 type of starch. But we are able to offer 5 meal choices to our guests at no additional charge… which is what made me happy!

It wouldn’t hurt to ask and see if they will allow it. But I don’t think it’s unreasonable not to offer it. If you really do want a choice of more than 1 you may have to consider going somewhere else…

Post # 5
2293 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

At our venue, each entree choice comes with a different starch and veggie.  That is normal – just read the menu at any restaurant.  If you had a half dozen different choices it might get confusing, but come on…  the beef goes on the plate with the potatoes, the salmon on the plate with the rice.  Its not hard.  Although our venue (also a country club) was really accomodating.  We wanted to switch sauces, combine choices from the winter and spring menu, and asked for appetizers that aren’t actually on the catering menu.  They had no problem with any of that.  And we are paying $35 a head plus alcohol.  I love our country club, but they already know that.

I would call them back and discuss the issue.  Just say that after thinking about it, you really want what you first selected.  And see what they can do, because its not unreasonable.

Post # 6
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2007 - Rosary Chapel & Monterey Marriott, Monterey, CA

It’s neither "right" nor "wrong" … it just is.

Post # 7
311 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2008

Our site does different sides with each dish, but every site is different.  Certainly feel free to ask, but I wouldn’t push.  If their standard rule of thumb is to keep the same starch and veggies for both meal options, you may upset kitchen staff by making things more complicated than usual for them.  While it may not seem like an unreasonable request, one thing I would not want at my wedding is frustrated kitchen staff.

The topic ‘2 plates but with same starch and veggie?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors