2 positives followed by 2 negatives of the same brand the next day.

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
136 posts
Blushing bee

Ok you need to go to your GP’s to put you out of your misery on this one. You cannot really get a ‘false positive’ on a stick test since they are sensitive to the HCG hormone and that particular hormone is not present without pregnancy. 

However, I personally would go to my GP to get a blood test. 

Best of luck, exciting times

Post # 3
136 posts
Blushing bee

I actually had the most faintest faintest faintest line – it was positive….

Post # 4
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Upgrade to a nicer preggo test like the digital one… And make an appointment with ur doc. good luck! Best wishes!

Post # 5
3360 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

A positive test is a positive test – either you got tests from different production batches that have slightly different sensitivities (it happens), your urine was somewhat more diluted the second time (also positive, since it was earlier in the morning and, hence, you had less time for the hormones to become concentrated in your urine), or it’s a chemical – however, if you haven’t started bleeding, I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion.  I’d bet on one of the first two.

Either way, you’ve had a positive at-home test.  Call your doctor and see if they’ll order blood tests for you.  Hope it all works out for the best!

ETA – in case you do want to keep testing at home (I know I did), just FYI, the digital tests are much less sensitive that the regular ones.  I wouldn’t go to those until you’re getting clear positives.  The gold standard is the FRER (First Response Early Results).

Post # 6
7098 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I would get a FRER or call your doctor to confirm.

Post # 9
2614 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

MrsAndrus322:  How many DPO are you? You could be right re the water. I’d keep testing with FRER. Youll know soon enough as the line should get darker within a few days. Good luck!

Post # 10
2696 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Definitely could have gotten the negatives due to the water, since you’re probably pretty early.

Unlike a previous poster, I would NOT recommend a digital for testing in the early days of pregnancy. They are not as sensitive and can give you a negative result this early on.

A FRER test would be a good choice, I find that you can’t go wrong with those for early testing.

<br />Good luck! I hope you get a strong BFP!

Post # 13
886 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I agree with PPs and say go get a FRER test. I was charting when I got my BFP and it was super faint. My beta hcg was 56 that day, nurse said I must’ve caught it the earliest day/time possible. Implantation happened at 6dpo and I got my super faint BFP on an FRER at 12dpo. 

Post # 14
2614 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

MrsAndrus322:  Even at 12dpo you could get a very faint positive and even at that you could be a couple of days out. The most important thing is that the line darkens. Regardless, if you got any sort of a positive you are pregnant. You just have to wait it out now to see if it sticks. I’ve been there so feel your pain!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors