2 questions about your dog

posted 3 years ago in Pets
Post # 3
901 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Careful, I have had a thread shut down for school related questions! Ill try to help out though 🙂

1. Love! He jumps up to be picked up a ton of times a day, so I make sure to pick him up and give him kisses! Or maybe more walks?

2. That hes lonely:( 

Post # 4
716 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@sunkissed19:  1. I let her snuggle on the couch with me and we give her random treats just for being her awesome self, not just when she does something “good”.

2. KiKi (our cat) is her bestie, so I’m not really worried about her being lonely. I only work for about 5 hours a day, I take her out right before I leave and right when I get home, but I seriously feel SO bad that she has to hold it that long :/

Post # 5
249 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - FMILs back yard

1. My dogs (all three of them) love playing with me and going on walks, but I don’t do either of those things nearly as much as I should. I think we would be closer if I was more consistent with walks/play time.

2. I don’t work, but when I leave my dogs at home alone I worry mostly about my pit bull. He’s a big guy and he had to stay inside when we leave (because of vicious neighbor dogs) and I worry about him feeling cooped up/getting restless. The other two I don’t worry about so much and because they are all three alone together I don’t worry about anyone getting lonely.

Post # 6
9412 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@sunkissed19:  

1. Walks, exercise, and discipline. All of these activities build respect and trust. Love isn’t going to get you anywhere with a dog except taken advantage of.

• Swallowing something he shouldn’t
  • Getting hurt
  • Ruining the house
  • Being kidnapped (I’m neurotic)
  • That he is stressed (he has separation anxiety)

ETA: I hope we aren’t cheating on a test 😛

Post # 8
4043 posts
Honey bee

@sunkissed19:  Dog training and working with the dog one on one. I did this with my dog and it stregthened our bond a great deal.

The safety of my pup is my biggest concern when I am at work. For that reason I crate her so she doesn’t get into things and eat something she shouldn’t.

Post # 9
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@sunkissed19:  

• What do you think can help bring you and your dog closer together? If he were any closer he would be physically attached to me.  I think we are so close because I encourage him to snuggle on the couch and nap with me.
  • When you are at work, what’s your biggest concern for your dog? That he might have a seizure while I am at work and hurt himself on the furniture; he busted his lip once when he had a seizure at home while I was at work.

Post # 10
1234 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@sunkissed19:

1. What do you think can help bring you and your dog closer together?

Me being the one that feeds her, gives her water, treats, takes her outside, on walks, playing, etc… Nothing can bring you closer to your dog than time and devotion. In a sense, you guys are best buds or a family.

2. When you are at work, what’s your biggest concern for your dog?

Honestly, when I am away from her, my biggest concern is her happiness… She has separation anxiety and doesn’t do well alone :(, poor girl. So we try very hard to not leave her for too long, but at the same time, we try to build her sense of independance. Slowly but surely, lol.

Post # 11
929 posts
Busy bee

@sunkissed19:  

1. What do you think can help bring you and your dog closer together? – Be the pack leader. Your brother needs to show the dog that he is there for them as their leader. Be affectionate, play, discipline the dog properly etc.. This will definitely bring him and the dog closer. 
  2. When you are at work, what’s your biggest concern for your dog? that they are lonely and have injured themselves somehow. Obviosuly, make sure where the dogs are kept that it’s a safe space. If the dog suffers from separation anxiety, leaving on a radio or tv while at work can help the dog feel like they aren’t alone. 

Post # 12
1132 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

1. To play with her more, like tug of war. 

2. That she’s bored or lonely! We work long days.

Post # 13
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@sunkissed19: We just got our puppy last weekend so we are still getting to know each other but I will answer these based off our short time together.

1. Play time! He is a lazy puppy but gets into very playful moods and I want to make sure he is stimulated and not just laying around all day every day. Also, he needs to learn what is and isn’t acceptable playing behavor, especially with my 4 year old son.

2. That is he is bored and lonely. We are crate training him now and he is doing so great, but I feel bad leaving him for a few hours at a time in his crate alone with just a chew rope.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors