Post # 1
Hi Bees –
I’m trying to help my brother out – he needs these 2 questions answered for class:
- What do you think can help bring you and your dog closer together?
- When you are at work, what’s your biggest concern for your dog?
Post # 3
Careful, I have had a thread shut down for school related questions! Ill try to help out though 🙂
1. Love! He jumps up to be picked up a ton of times a day, so I make sure to pick him up and give him kisses! Or maybe more walks?
2. That hes lonely:(
Post # 4
@sunkissed19: 1. I let her snuggle on the couch with me and we give her random treats just for being her awesome self, not just when she does something “good”.
2. KiKi (our cat) is her bestie, so I’m not really worried about her being lonely. I only work for about 5 hours a day, I take her out right before I leave and right when I get home, but I seriously feel SO bad that she has to hold it that long :/
Post # 5
- Wedding: September 2014 - FMILs back yard
1. My dogs (all three of them) love playing with me and going on walks, but I don’t do either of those things nearly as much as I should. I think we would be closer if I was more consistent with walks/play time.
2. I don’t work, but when I leave my dogs at home alone I worry mostly about my pit bull. He’s a big guy and he had to stay inside when we leave (because of vicious neighbor dogs) and I worry about him feeling cooped up/getting restless. The other two I don’t worry about so much and because they are all three alone together I don’t worry about anyone getting lonely.
Post # 6
1. Walks, exercise, and discipline. All of these activities build respect and trust. Love isn’t going to get you anywhere with a dog except taken advantage of.
- Swallowing something he shouldn’t
- Getting hurt
- Ruining the house
- Being kidnapped (I’m neurotic)
- That he is stressed (he has separation anxiety)
ETA: I hope we aren’t cheating on a test 😛
Post # 7
@Excited To Bee: Oh really?? I didn’t know it wasn’t allowed – :-/ thanks for the heads up.
Mods- sorry if this isn’t in compliance with TOS! I didn’t realize.
@MrsPanda99: Haha no test, I promise!
Bees, thanks for your answers!
Post # 8
@sunkissed19: Dog training and working with the dog one on one. I did this with my dog and it stregthened our bond a great deal.
The safety of my pup is my biggest concern when I am at work. For that reason I crate her so she doesn’t get into things and eat something she shouldn’t.
Post # 10
1. What do you think can help bring you and your dog closer together?
Me being the one that feeds her, gives her water, treats, takes her outside, on walks, playing, etc… Nothing can bring you closer to your dog than time and devotion. In a sense, you guys are best buds or a family.
2. When you are at work, what’s your biggest concern for your dog?
Honestly, when I am away from her, my biggest concern is her happiness… She has separation anxiety and doesn’t do well alone :(, poor girl. So we try very hard to not leave her for too long, but at the same time, we try to build her sense of independance. Slowly but surely, lol.
Post # 12
1. To play with her more, like tug of war.
2. That she’s bored or lonely! We work long days.
Post # 13
@sunkissed19: We just got our puppy last weekend so we are still getting to know each other but I will answer these based off our short time together.
1. Play time! He is a lazy puppy but gets into very playful moods and I want to make sure he is stimulated and not just laying around all day every day. Also, he needs to learn what is and isn’t acceptable playing behavor, especially with my 4 year old son.
2. That is he is bored and lonely. We are crate training him now and he is doing so great, but I feel bad leaving him for a few hours at a time in his crate alone with just a chew rope.