7075 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Is this for during the ceremony…?

Post # 5
6964 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

@wabanzi:  I like them both, though the Oz one feels a little incomplete. I haven’t read the books in a very long time, but is there some sort of resolution about needing a heart and brains at the end? Coming from a religious background, I could see using the readings as they are if there was some sort of “sermon” by the officiant that could tie it all together. 

Post # 6
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I like them both, and would enjoy them at a wedding ceremony. I think your ceremony should represent you both, so if it fits you, it’s all good.

Post # 8
6964 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@wabanzi:  I understand the reading. I’m saying it does not feel complete. But I think they are both lovely and if you’re happy with them you should go with it. We are also picking readings from our favorite books!

Post # 11
582 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@wabanzi:  I love these kind of sweet passages from our past.  We had my grandson read 

” Everything I ever needed to know I learned in Kindergarten”  He sat on top of a piano. It was just lovely.

hope you are having the time of your life………..

Post # 12
6964 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@wabanzi:  If there was something at the end of the book about the virtues of having both brains and a heart (I feel like this might have been in there but maybe I’m remembering incorrectly), I would add that. Otherwise, yes- just dropping that last line would work fine. I think it’s the being confused that is making the reading feel open-ended. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors