2 rings-help!

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
206 posts
Helper bee

grandmother’s ring all the way…that was his original choice afterall…

Post # 3
165 posts
Blushing bee

Grandmothers ring forsure

Post # 4
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2002

I think the family would be pleased that his gradnmother’s ring is your choice and you want to wear it.  If he had any issues about you not wearing the original one, he wouldn’t have offered his Grandmother’s.  I say go with Gradma’s ring. 

Post # 5
2894 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

hwo0801: grandma’s ring. The upgrade came early!!

Post # 6
37 posts

I say grandmother’s ring. It is what he originally wanted to give you and I think is an honor to be able to pass down. Plus, who doesn’t like the idea of a diamond necklace. (maybe you could wear it the day of the wedding.)

Post # 7
3637 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

You are being ridiculously silly.

You BOTH agreed that you would upgrade later, you BOTH knew that the original plan was to use his grandmother’s ring. Now you’VE got her ring and are afraid he’ll be hurt if you use it? Don’t be so foolish. He always knew you would use his grandmother’s ring and I bet he is thrilled to see that amazingly beautiful piece of family history sitting on your finger. 

Post # 9
11 posts
  • Wedding: April 2014

but remember that $700 isn’t going to waste if you are still going to wear it as another piece of jewellery 🙂 that way you won’t lose any sentiment that you have with it seeing as it’s the stone he proposed with

Post # 10
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

This is the only easy ” I want another ring” solution!!! His family will be pleased (hopefully, sounds like it), he will most likely be pleased etc. I say just tell him you love what he picked but you love his Grandma’s ring more, and it means a lot and he’ll understand. I’d turn his ring into a necklace or something. 🙂

If you’re not sentimental, you could try and sell his ring if he’s worried about the money (I’d be kicking myself too if I were him)! Or you could keep it as a right hand ring or something?

Post # 11
1849 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Grandmother’s ring, for sure.  Can he return the Amazon ring for a refund?

Post # 12
2054 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

Lucky girl! Definitely go with the Grandma’s ring if you can! 🙂

Post # 13
29 posts
  • Wedding: August 2014 - Monponsett Inn

Hands down, the grandmother’s ring

Post # 14
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

holy wow, that heirloom is gorgeous!!  i agree with PP, wear the grandmother’s ring as your e-ring, since it is what he wanted to give you originally.  

I love the idea of making the Amazon solitaire into another piece of jewelry.  necklace is a cool idea; have you considered making it a right hand ring?  then you could even alternate wearing them if you wanted.

i pulled some semi-mounts that would make lovely right hand rings, at various price points (as i know $700 already seems like a lot):

most expensive, at just under $500

this one is 330, with sapphires:

a kite setting for 188:

and then these two are sterling, under 80:

but regardless what you end up doing with the princess cut, wear that heirloom!

Post # 15
1622 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Cape May

Easy peasy! Wear his grandmother’s ring as planned and use the first ring as a stand in for gym,  running errands, etc. Money isn’t wasted and you could always wear it as a right hand ring as well. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors