(Closed) 2 Showers in 2 States…Who to invite?

posted 8 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’d invite the people who are local to the respective shower, then the bridal party and family to both, making it clear that they are not obligated to go to both.

Post # 4
2205 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I invited my wedding party to all the showers and my mom and mil were invited to all, but since each side of the family threw a shower, we didn’t overlap the guest list any more than that.

I think in general people wouldn’t be able to attend two showers!

Post # 5
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I also had two showers – one in CA and one in NYC. I only invited people from the respective states. I didn’t want to create an impression that they were somehow obligated to come, and it was very much understood that the CA shower for CA people and the NY shower was for East Coast people.

Post # 6
3709 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

My sister is getting married/lives in Norfolk, VA. However, all of our family is in SC. Soooo…I am having one of her BMs do a shower in Norfolk, and I will be doing a shower for her SC family and friends in SC. I am going to let my sister do the guestlist since she will have a better idea of who will want to attend which shower.

Post # 7
1194 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Could you work with both of the people who are throwing your showers to put together one invitation with both of the dates and locations listed?  Then you can get the invites out to everyone at the same time and everyone will be kept into the loop as to which shower they can attend without feeling left out.

The topic ‘2 Showers in 2 States…Who to invite?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors