2 ushers, 0 bridesmaids. Who walks down aisle?

posted 3 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
10219 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

To @Astra:  Etiquette Snob here… lol

Processionals have different formats… what you’ve listed is just one.

So you have options.

If there are Ushers and No Bridesmaids, after your Mother (MOB) the Most Honoured Guest is seated, they can join up again at the back of the Church… and make their way to the front of the Church to stand with the Groom & the Best Man.  Either via the centre aisle, or in a 3 aisle Church… up the right hand aisle, one behind the other (this is what my guys did at my First Wedding… where the Groom & Best Man had come to the front of the Church from a front-side entrance with the Minister)

*IF you are having an Aisle Runner… they would traditionally roll out the Runner, between your Mom being seated, and the Processional beginning.

Then the Processional would start…

Child Attendants can come first before the MOH… or behind her, infront of the Bride… again the choice is yours.

Hope this helps,

Post # 5
10219 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Sounds lovely…

Maybe you can walk as far as her seat, and you guys can do the French kiss-kiss thing there.  Then your Hubby-2B can walk towards you, and you guys can meet in the space in the middle…

As I say there are lots of options… you will think of something that works for you and your Wedding Ceremony.

The important thing in this exchange… will only be that your Mother is Honoured appropriately… and I don’t see where that would be a problem as she has the ULTIMATE Honour of walking you down the aisle.

Hope this helps

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors