(Closed) 2 Wedding Bands… Too Much?

posted 8 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Wait, do you want a round sone or an emerald.  I think if you get an emerald cut you might have to get a special band. 

I don’t think two bands is too much.

Post # 4
683 posts
Busy bee

Did you try the natural sapphire company or pricescope, or heat treated sapphires to bring the price down? You could totally find a 2 mm wedding band- maybe what is making it so thick is the channel setting?

Maybe you can find a 3 stone setting and instead of diamonds, use white sapphires, and then just get away with one pave wedding band? I’m tapped.

Post # 5
1213 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I’m having 2 bands. My set is very similar to the one you are looking at. My Ering is a 1ct round in a 2mm yellow gold band with bead set side stones. The bands are both 2mm with bead bet stones. I think if you are having 2 bands, you need to keep them thin. Other wise you risk them looking very chunky.

Post # 7
1991 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I have 3 words for you:

Laurie….Sarah….Designs….

She’s a jeweler on etsy and I’m sure she could make you EXACTLY what you’re looking for in your price range. What’s your budget?

I found a pic of something similar to what you’re looking for:

She also does custom work.

Right now, she’s customizing a 2 ct. yellow sapphire emerald cut in a double halo for us. It will look something similar to this:

Here’s a link to her site: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LaurieSarahDesigns?ref=top_trail

HTH!!!

Post # 8
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

That’s almost exactly what I did.  If you choose to do the 2 bands on either side, make sure to have them welded together.  Or else you’ll spend a lot of time straightening them all out. 

Post # 9
1991 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Uggghhh….sorry the pics turned out so big

The topic ‘2 Wedding Bands… Too Much?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors