2 Wedding Websites???

posted 3 years ago in Technology
Post # 2
1566 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

seames321:  I’ve seen some wedding websites where you have a passcode to unlock the events that you are invited to. Nothing shows up until you put in your passcode and then you see only the events you’ve been included in. I think the paid version of wedoverheels.com does that.

Post # 3
2070 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012 - Oak Tree Manor

Why don’t you just include an insert with detailed ceremony info for your family, and a separate reception insert with a link to a website with just reception info for everyone invited? If the ceremony is small and just family, I doubt your family will need a whole wedding website with ceremony info. These days everyone has Google Maps on their smartphones or GPS in their cars, so all they really need is the address and ceremony time. If you want, you could even include some simple directions from the nearest freeway/highway.

I wouldn’t create a separate website, because someone’s feelings could end up being hurt. Plus I just don’t think it’s worth the work – I think your family will be just fine getting the address from a ceremony insert with the invitation.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors