(Closed) 2 week challenge

posted 9 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1776 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

I’ve actively been trying not to mention anything wedding-related for at least a month now…it’s so hard!  haha

Post # 4
219 posts
Helper bee

Yes Miss Sheva, you are exactly right! No clarification needed! That is the challenge!! I don’t know if I can do it? Undecided

Post # 6
815 posts
Busy bee

I get the challenge, but how do you deal with HIM bringing it up?

Post # 7
11327 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I have been so good and I have never once brought up engagement to the bf! The only discussions at all we’ve had about it were when he asked me about ring styles/etc that I liked. Other than that, no hinting, no suggesting, no comments.

I have also never brought up specifics about “our” wedding. I’ve said wedding-y stuff in general like oh x was nice what do you think? But that’s it!

IT IS HARD. Sigh. Why can’t our bfs learn? We (or at least I) do not need some elaborate proposal. I don’t need treasure hunts or hot air balloon rides or a perfect sunset. He can ask me over pizza while watching Seinfeld. I WILL SAY YES. Just do it already! 🙂

Post # 8
11327 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

oh and btw @ LovestheBear– tell him no wedding talk until theres a reason (i.e. engagement) to talk about it.

Post # 9
7054 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Yep.  That’s my mantra.  I don’t mention it to him at all now and haven’t for a while. He’s only mentioned it a bit but when he does revert back to it, I make him stop!  lol!

Post # 10
2408 posts
Buzzing bee

@corgitales, tell me about it! that and i think he feels like he needs to get me a fancy looking ring but i don’t care what other people think! i’d show that sucker off regardless. lol. but try convincing him that. sheesh

Post # 12
219 posts
Helper bee

I agree with CorgiTales, I don’t need or want an elaborate proposal! I want THE PROPOSAL to be comfortable for the both of us! But my BF doesn’t get that–I told him I was a simple girl and wanted a simple proposal! He replied “Baby, there’s nothing simple about you” and started laughing!

Post # 13
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

I’m with it too!! Is it two weeks or a month? Can we mini-celebrate after two weeks?  I made it to 3 weeks before lol!!! He usually doesn’t bring it up, but hopefully he will be attending some bridal shows with me later this month (for work not pleasure…. ) he is my free labor for my shows (lol lol lol)

Post # 14
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Ok, so considering that i have just joined in order to stop me bothering my boyfriend about this, 2 weeks seems like a good start! Then onto the month!

I have to keep reminding him to stop teasing me about it!

Post # 16
3576 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Sometimes I find it quite refreshing to put all things wedding out of my mind for a day/evening or even 2 days.  It helps me relax and takes the stress off.

The topic ‘2 week challenge’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors