(Closed) 2 week honeymoon in Greek Isles and Italy

posted 6 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
487 posts
Helper bee

@mandd:  Publishing this in “Honeymoons” might get you some responses. Sorry, I haven’t been to the places you’re asking suggestions for.

Good luck!

Post # 4
627 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I can’t really help you with Italy, but I’ve been to Greece 3 times so I do have some advice there 🙂

The last time I went was two years ago with my mom, her bf, and my sister. We flew from Canada to Athens, then the flew right to Santorini. I recommend flying over to Santorini as I think it’s like a 8-12 hour ish ferry ride and that’s a waste – plus it’s pretty cheap to fly there and it’s only like half an hour flight. I’m pretty sure the flight cost like $120 it’s not that much less for a ferry. If you go to Santorini, I recommend renting a quad a riding around the whole island. There’s a lot to see and the beaches are on the ‘other’ side of the island so it’s nice to go over there.

After spending a few days in Santorini, we took the fast ferry over to Naxos. You might not be familiar with Naxos, if you know pictures of Greece at all, it’s the island that has the ‘picture frame’  ( I’ll add a picture for reference 😉

I cannot recommend Naxos enough, you have to go there! It has everything you could possibly want from a Greek Isle. It has unreal beaches with crystal clear water, it has an old market that gives character, it has shopping, amazing food, and it’s in a good location. We took a day trip that went to Delos and Mykonos as my mom wanted to go to Mykonos, but it’s a very expensive island to stay on. 

I know you only want 3 cities, my recommendation would be to fly to Athens then right over to Santorini, take a ferry to Naxos then a ferry to Athens. If you want to see the major parts of Athens ( the plaka, Acropolis, Zues’ temple ) you can do that all in a day if you wanted to spend a day there. From there you could fly over to Rome, or whever you wanted to go in Italy. I’ve been to a few cities in Italy, for me it would be a toss up between Rome and Venice. Depends what you want really. Good luck planning! If you want any recommendations on hotels or anything or have any questions, feel free to message me 🙂 Greece is my absolute favorite place ever!

The topic ‘2 week honeymoon in Greek Isles and Italy’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors