(Closed) 2 weeks before the big day, and I am terrified.

posted 8 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
372 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Sorry to hear you’re having problems. I think pre-wedding bickering is pretty normal – my Fiance and I definetly have our moments – and the expectations of extended families also can add to the stress (seriously can my FFI please stop suggestng additions to the guest list?  We’re 45 days out!)  That said, sounds like maybe you guys are having some more serious issues – have you gone to premarital counseling?  Maybe that could help you two have a nonconfrontational conversation and remind you both why you wanted to get married in the first place.  There’s also nothing wrong with postponing a wedding if you’re feeling unsure.  I called off my wedding in my mid-20s and it was one of the best decisions of my life (but also the hardest!)  Good luck and the hive is here for you!

Post # 4
4547 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m sorry you’re going through this difficult time. If I may ask, why shouldn’t you have your extended family in the wedding if you want to? It’s your wedding as well and both of you should have a say who is in the wedding. It sound slike you guys need to sit down and talk about some things because it seems like there’s a lack of commnication.

Post # 5
814 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

for better or for worse.. and sometimes, it really is worse. we’ve been through it all, and if you can make it through depression and come out for the better, than you’re doing pretty good. we’ve had a lot of people tell us, make sure your doing the right thing, marriage is work. duh! i know this, and it’s work before you get married too. i hope things get better and turn out for the best. i second pre-marital couseling if you can get him too, or any kind of couseling really can help

Post # 6
447 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Me and my Fiance are currently having some major discussions-things that never came up in all the 5 years of dating-but now are coming into the light as the big day approaches.  I think it is a combination of stress, and the seriousness of the decision that can just become overwhelming!  Also since I am doing all the planning I find it is consuming a lot of my time outside of work (which I work ridculous hours, like 70+/week) and taking away from me and Fiance time.  Maybe take a nice relaxing night out or something and promise to just focus on each other and not all the chaos that surrounds a wedding 🙂

The topic ‘2 weeks before the big day, and I am terrified.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors