(Closed) 2 weeks before the wedding and i dont even feel like getting married anymore.

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
Hostess
18646 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I think the two of you need a no wedding date.  A day to have some fun and be together without talking about the wedding.  Maybe try to delegate some of the final details so that you don’t have to worry about them.

Assuming that the two of you didn’t fight a lot before, there probably isn’t much to worry about.  It is very stressful to get married.

Post # 5
Hostess
18646 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Ahh not cool!  Maybe the grandparents could watch them?

Post # 7
2891 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I am sorry the sitter thing happened. If you were closer I would watch them for you. That makes me sad you tried so hard for a good evening and ended up fighting. 🙁   You really need a DOC but since you have kids I have a feeling that isn’t in the budget. Weddings are super stressful. Do you know ANYONE who could help? My cousin received a lot of help from two little old widows in her church who just lived weddings. They asked for nothing in return except permission to stop by her house the morning of to see her all dolled up. They waited in their car and got out just to wish her well before the limo wisked her away. You need two fairy godmothers too!

Post # 8
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’m really sorry you feel like this. I can only imagine. You should really try to find how it is you really feel about your FI. Are you fighting because of the stress and all the other problematic factors surrounding the wedding? Or is it really a relationship problem?

Maybe you could figure this out by having some days completely off the wedding (maybe delegate your duties or reschedule some?), so that you can concentrate on your relationship. Talk to your FI, try to figure out how you both really feel, why you’re really fighting. Even if this might mess up something with the wedding planning, I think it has much more importance in the end. You wouldn’t want to have a perfect wedding and feel perfectly horrible about your relationship afterwards. Rather, try to forget about the wedding the most that you can for a couple of days (really take it off your mind).

Whatever you do, do not expect things to get better after the wedding. Eventually, life keeps going as if the wedding didn’t because marriage is not a magical relationship fixer. And if you don’t live together already, things will be much more tougher while you are trying to accommodate to each other. So even if things are going to get better, chances are they will be a bit more agravated for a while after you marry. You should be in a good place with your partner so you can face whatever might come. But seeing as to how you are feeling right now, you might just feel miserable in the long run.

Keep in mind too that relationships go through tough moments, and that maybe this is one of those for you two. So try to work on nothing else but figuring out how you really feel. If you feel like beyond all this wedding crazyness you still want to be with him and work through whatever life brings you then great. If you don’t, then you should really talk to him about what you’re getting yourselves into. Also, don’t try to focus on having to figure it out now before it’s too late. I guess that can just make you feel worse. Hopefuly you will figure it out and it will work out for the best. I really hope you feel better and work things out. Best of wishes.

Post # 10
53 posts
Worker bee

I can see how having sush a deadline can blur your vision and cause you to be even more confused. This must be really tough for you! Try NOT to think about the wedding just for a moment, like it’s not even happenning. Key word: try. *Hugs*

Post # 11
Hostess
23641 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@julieandjaiden: Sometimes it really helps to take an entire weekend to yourselves, to be the way you were before the wedding planning madness ruled your lives.  There are a lot of decisions to make with planning a wedding, and you forget (sometimes) that you actually do like each other!

Post # 12
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Take both a day off from work!Make a nice breakfast for him and show him you care. Do normal stuff together, don’t talk too much about the wedding, and just ask how he is doing, tell about yourself, about hopes, dreams and future.

Good luck!

Post # 15
53 posts
Worker bee

Hey! I’m really happy to hear that you’re feeling better and have found hope for your relationship. I hope that feeling stays with you and helps you get through everything you’re going through. Oh and I hope both your wedding and your honeymoon rock!

Post # 16
53 posts
Worker bee

Oops, double post. Best wishes again!

The topic ‘2 weeks before the wedding and i dont even feel like getting married anymore.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors