(Closed) 2 weeks early!?!?

posted 8 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
2144 posts
Buzzing bee

i’ve heard that too but idk if it’s true.

Post # 4
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Ive had that happen too when I was around a group of women.  I also had it happen during pregnancy.  No red flags 🙂

Post # 5
397 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I actually think it’s true, I always had really long cycles, like 31 days, but as soon as I moved in with my roommate who was on the pill, i started getting my period every 28th day… with her! 

Isn’t that odd?  

I also recently read this book: 

http://www.amazon.com/Woman-Intimate-Geography-Natalie-Angier/dp/0385498411/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263274921&sr=8-1

and there is a whole chapter on how that happens…

Post # 6
4382 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony - First United Methodist Church; Reception - My parents' house!

Mine are all screwed up lately, but that’s beside the point. 

When I lived in the sorority house, we ALL were on the same schedule. It’s a pheromone thing, apparently.

Post # 7
828 posts
Busy bee

Yup, I’ve had it happen, even when I’ve been on the Pill. Women’s bodies are weird.

Post # 8
4567 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’ve heard of it happening, my manager and I are pretty much on the same schedule now cause we work together so much… but working out with a new group of women shouldn’t do it since you’re not spending THAT Much tiem with them! Sometimes, it just happens.

Post # 9
1336 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve heard of this happening and has changed for me depending on who I am around.  I wonder if there is a study out there to prove it?  Would be interesting to find out. 

Btw, this happened to me recently, I was 2 weeks early, then I missed a whole period.  And that never happens so I was freakin out.  The source?  STRESS!  I feel like as soon as I keep tabs on when I should get it the more out of whack it gets, when I forget about it, it comes up as usual, so weird. 

Post # 10
234 posts
Helper bee

Your cycle changing can also have to do with certain medications you’re on or stress in your life.

Post # 11
1641 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

That happens more than you would think. Other factors could be additional stress, changes in diet, illness, etc. Are you currently using a hormonal birth control method? That could also be the culprit.

Post # 13
4567 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

OH! Hello, I’m dumb. Well, okay. That’s makes MUCH more sense, then! Duuuuuuur…

Post # 14
420 posts
Helper bee

I think it’s definetly true!! Friends that i’ve hung out a lot with we always end up being synched together, it’s really weird.

Post # 15
41 posts
Newbee

Yes, it is true, but not such a significant and sudden change. Women will notice that they’ll get their periods a couple days earlier then over time, all the women will be relatively synchronized.

Stress, medications, hormonal imbalances, etc can cause changes to your period. This could be an episode of inter-period bleeding or just spotting. See how your next period is and if there a change of any kind, visit your ob/gyn.

Post # 16
949 posts
Busy bee

Wierd, isn’t it!  I have had it happen while backpacking Europe with a bunch of girls, and vet clinics are mostly women, so that happens whenever I have switched jobs- and I have always been every 28 days, very reliably. 

Makes me feel like when I was an animal science major and we learned about how dairy farmers get the cattle herds in sync at the same time using hormones.  No offense meant by that, it just really cracks me up!  Obviosly women are more advanced than cattle since we do it on our own without the help of aftifical hormones. 

The topic ‘2 weeks early!?!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors