2 weeks off bcps, interesting things happening…

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
3156 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@whitefuzzy:  I felt the same way.  That’s a good sign that you ovulated right away.  It certainly sounds like ovulation pains!  I’ve been off since July and I honestly think this month was the first month I ovulated.  That’s great that you can recognize it.  

Post # 4
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I went off BC September 3rd and is has been a weird 6 weeks. The only thing that changed that first month was my boobs were really tender. Then AF showed up October 1st, my boobs went back to normal (thank goodness) and I’m pretty sure I had ovulation pains this past Sunday. I felt like I needed to vomit all day, tired, hungry, and then cramps in the evening. Today I had a sharp pain in my lower left-hand abdomen. Not entirely sure what that was, but here’s hoping that I even out or get KU so I can forget about these pains for now. I had only been on BC for six years, so I can’t even remember much of what my cycle was like before I started, I can’t imagine being on BC for 13 years!

Post # 5
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I have been on BC since I was 17. I am now 28 and just stopped last month. I don’t know if I have forgotten what it was like not being on the pill, or if being on the pill for so long just made this first month worse, but OY. Super tender nipples (as in, putting on or taking off a shirt hurt!), really bad cramps, bloating… I have had these symptoms all month, despite the fact that my period isn’t due until the end of this week. It doesn’t help that literally every symptom of pregnancy could also be a symptom of month 1 off BC and/or ovulation and/or AF arriving, lol.

Post # 6
6273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

@whitefuzzy:  i was on BCP for 13 years.  i stopped in July, i am also 32.

BCP masked all of my period pains, so when I get my period now, it have terrible cramps and headaches for the first 2 days.

i would think the pain is normal but if it doesn’t go away after a few days, call your doctor.

Post # 7
8592 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I was on BCP for about 16 years (I was put on it at 13 for medical reasons) and I went off it in July.  I had a pretty normal month in July.  The only thing I noticed was that I had a little more cramping and a slightly heavier period than normal.  I got pregnant the next month so it’s obvious I ovulated but I definitely didn’t have any unusual pains.  So it could be ovulation pain but I’ve never felt those before so I wouldn’t know.

My other friend got pregnant the first month off BCP and she was on it for at least a decade.

I think your body goes back to ovulating right away!  If you don’t get pregnant, well you can wait until next month and see if you get the same pains.

Post # 8
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@whitefuzzy: SOunds like it definitely could have been ovulation.  It’s pretty typical to ovulate 2 weeks after stopping the pill. 

Post # 9
3360 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@whitefuzzy:  That sounds like ovulation pains to me!  I went off the pill in July and ovulated my first month off (19 days into my cycle), so you very well could be now.  And just because you didn’t have ovulation pains before on the pill doesn’t mean you wouldn’t now – not only does the pill change things up in your body, but you could have had some serious changes on your own between 19 and 32 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors