2 weeks to the wedding and we have to postpone!

posted 3 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
Hostess
30313 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@fabange:  Oh no! 🙁  So sorry for the whole family’s loss.  I know you must be SUPER bummed about having to postpone, but it sounds like it was a family wide decision.  Bummer!!

Post # 4
1907 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - TTC #2

@fabange:  I’m so sorry for your loss 🙁

Post # 5
11740 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m so sorry to hear this!  🙁

Post # 6
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Smithfield Center

I’m really sorry you have to postpone your wedding, and for your FI’s family’s loss. That means you’re losing out on all the deposited money, too, right?

I agree that a respectable amount of time should pass before pursuing the wedding but why does it have to be next July? Why not sometime this fall or even next spring?

Post # 7
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@cwedding14:  I agree.  

@fabange:  I’m not sure what your religion is.  But could you still get married this year?  Or is the next year date what was offered by your venue and vendors?

Either way, I’m sorry for you loss.  

Post # 9
842 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@fabange:  I wouldn’t postpone. Life happens, people pass away and that sucks, but why should you wait for something you’ve been planning that’s only two weeks away?

i understand that for you it seems to be a cultural thing, but even still. I don’t think I would postpone-it’s a joyous occasion that would bring the family together. 

Post # 10
189 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Oh no!! So sorry…I think you should get married like you said. Celebrate once the mourning period has passed. 🙁 

Post # 11
1466 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@fabange:  I am so sorry for your loss.

I was in a similar situation when I was 13 years old. My grandmother died 3 days before my bat mitzvah (in Jewish culture, an event of even greater importance than a wedding and on the same scale of planning as a wedding). I have no idea how my mother held it together but she did and I appreciate so much what she did for me. The day after, we flew to my grandmother’s home for her funeral. It was a weird hard time, but it was what it was and we made the best of it. My bat mitzvah was still amazing, despite the loss. 

So, it can work! Blessings to you in the weeks ahead!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors