(Closed) 2 words for a better marriage

posted 7 years ago in Relationships
  • poll: Which do you think is most important?
    Think big : (3 votes)
    4 %
    Get over : (5 votes)
    7 %
    Choose battles : (32 votes)
    46 %
    Just stop : (0 votes)
    Shut up : (1 votes)
    1 %
    Move on : (4 votes)
    6 %
    Be smart : (1 votes)
    1 %
    Common sense : (4 votes)
    6 %
    Show up : (2 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 3
    2512 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I’m Sorry

Love you

I understand

Post # 4
    3461 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Love more

Post # 6
    7695 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2010

I chose Be Present but a close second is Move On

Post # 7
    633 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

I picked “choose battles,” because I think that is a very important one. When you choose to spend your life with someone you have to know what fights are worth fighting and what fights are pointless to start.

I also second “I understand.” It’s easy to say you know whats going on in your partner’s life, but it’s much harder to take the time to understand why things are the way they are.

Post # 8
    4336 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

-Think Positive, meaning “Assume the Best” (but it’s three words)

-Communicate (but it’s one word!)

Post # 9
    1326 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2011 - Tre Bella, Mesa, AZ

I chose be present. Not being present was the reason my parents’ relationship failed. My dad always did his own thing (watched TV 24/7), and when my mom confronted him about not being happy, all he had to say was “What do you want from me, a divorce?” Until he’d said that, she hadn’t been considering one. I’d also pick trust/honesty as a second, but it’s not an option. 😉

Post # 10
    4755 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

THANK YOU how is that not on the list!

Take a look at why people cheat all to often the answer is “I’m not appriciated!”

I say thank you for compliments, chores completed, lovely gifts, laughing sessions, orgasms, hugs, kisses etc. All his efforts are apprciated and he knows it.

Post # 12
    1493 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

@vmec: Yes, yes. I was wracking my brain on this one. I make sure that my husband knows that the little things count like taking out the trash or something like that. I believe that appreciation is a huge part of marriage. Being thankful for what your spouse does and also being there. It’s one of those things that you have to teach other, so that they feel loved and wanted. Last night, I did a little happy dance that the trash was taken out. Just my way of showing how I appreciate what he does for me and our marriage.

Post # 13
    4336 posts
    Honey bee

@vmec:yeah! I totally love Thank You! They say that for a healthy marriage, you should say 5 positive things for every one negative thing! Anyone who has read “7 habits of highly effective people” will understand the importance of building up an emotional bank account, and one of the easiest ways to do that is to be genuinely appreciative.

I think a lot of the words on the list are really kind of negative… I guess the explanations beside them make them better, but still, I think being positive overall is super imortant.

Post # 14
    3142 posts
    Sugar bee
  • Common sense (uh, hello, befriending an ex-girlfriend on Facebook is just plain stupid)
  • Who would be doing the befriending? Stupid for him?

Neat thread and I chose 2&3

Edit: I would have chose thank you had it been on there.  I thank my FH all the time for things like making the bed to surprising me with a gift for no reason.  I also thank him for being HIM.  Just randomly, I tell him that quite a bit actually. I love him for who he is through and through (aw.. sorry for my mushy moment)

Post # 15
    4415 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

I chose “common sense”, because if you use common sense, you’ll do the rest.

Post # 16
    3624 posts
    Sugar bee

@Loribeth: oooh. I didn’t even think about that. Seriously, that is deep. 🙂

I chose be present. Laugh, Cry, Engage, communicate, share experiences. A close second was Choose Battles, but, I take it back because I agree so much with Loribeth.

The topic ‘2 words for a better marriage’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors