20 days and I just don't care

posted 2 years ago in Emotional
Post # 2
559 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

renwoman:  This does not make you awful!  This makes you NORMAL.  I was the same way.  After months of planning and details and being worried about little things…hell, I was ready to just get it over with!  As long as you don’t tell your guests you don’t care about their experience, I think you’re doing just fine for 20 days out.  And just think – in 20 days, you’ll be DONE!  😀

Post # 3
2455 posts
Buzzing bee

renwoman:  Lol I don’t care about any of that stuff either, but I realized it a long, long time ago so we aren’t having a whole shindig.

I think it’s pretty normal, I know a lot of brides (at least the day of) just did not care anymore and just wanted to be married. Like the DOC would come in and be like “The centerpieces have 11 flowers instead of 12!!!” and the bride’s just like IDGAF…

Post # 4
42490 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

renwoman:  I think the reason you are saying this is that you care too much. It’s a common affliction of brides.

Post # 5
226 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

20 days to go, I hope it flies in for you! You’ve got a great attitude, I’m sure you’ve spent loads and loads of hours planning and now it really is time to kick back and let whatever is going to happen, happen.

You can’t micromanage your wedding, or, if you could, you really won’t want to on the day. Enjoy yourself and trust that your guests are big enough to get enough enjoyment out of the day too. If you’re supplying dinner and music then anyone who complains “They served carrots with dinner, I don’t like carrots” or “They didn’t play my favourite song” can seriously go eff themselves.

Post # 6
380 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Historic house and gardens

renwoman:  That doesn’t make you awful at all. I feel like that now, and I am 11 months out.

I think it is really healthy to feel that way. You are not out to make your guests unhappy, but you are going to have the exact day YOu want. Nobody can take that from you.

Hope your 20 days go fast for you!

Post # 7
2704 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

renwoman:  

Lol… that makes you awful? Ekk… That’s where I’ve been for awhile. I don’t care either haha. I want to marry my FI ad start a life together. We’re making it the day WE want, and are ignoring the nay-sayers.

Good for you!

Post # 8
309 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

renwoman:  I’m with ya right now- I’ve got a week to go, but this past week has just had me feeling like I’ve been dragged by a bus. I just wanna do this thing!

Post # 9
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I’ve got eight days to go and I totally feel you girl. Sick of the planning. Tired of answering a million questions about every little detail of the ceremony. Just want the day to come already!

Post # 10
432 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

renwoman:  Omgosh! You seriously put into words everything I’m feeling right now! Except I’m still 5 months away…It just gets to a point where its irritating. Someone decides not to participate, people bugging you about colors..whatever. I just want to marry my FI and move on with my life! Lol

Post # 11
17 posts
Newbee

HAHAH! LMAO!

Yes…I’m getting there.  I still care, but I expect that will fade soon enough.  Then they can just like it or lump it.

Post # 12
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Yep yep.  I hear you.  4 weeks to go and I don’t know if I can make any more decisions. If anyone is offended by anything at this point, I guess I hope they love us enough to forgive us.  I just want to run down the ailse to my love and call it a day. I know it will be a magical day and I’m trying to savor the last bit of engagment, but I’m pretty ready to get this show on the road. 

Post # 13
318 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

So tired of planning and spending money and I still have 3 1/2 months left!! Can’t wait gor it to be over with!!

Post # 14
730 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

renwoman:  This happened in the last week for me! You get to a point where you have tried so hard to make everyone happy, that you are completely drained and you just DGAF.  For me, it was about 3 days out from the wedding when my MIL asked me whether I should order patio heaters “in case” the weather was chilly (late august wedding).   I just looked at her and said no…that’s not happening…lol

I was so over it!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Happy2bMrs.
Post # 15
22 posts
Newbee

I am with you. I’m 59 days out and although I want the wedding to be nice and people to generally enjoy themselves, my FI and I are doing it how WE want to do it. 

When people ask how wedding planning is going and I tell them that I just want it to be over with, I get funny looks. I really am not enjoying all the planning (especially on too of working full time and not having a ton of help)… People don’t get it! I’m glad you guys do!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors