20 days to go and my grandmother will not be at my wedding.

posted 3 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
1248 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

That really, really sucks 🙁 It is a very cruel disease.  Have watched a few grandparents now decline with alzheimers and dementia and it’s just awful to see. My great uncle in the UK did not recognise me anymore when I was last there.

I hope on your wedding day you can put it out of your mind for a bit and enjoy your day. Hopefully she will still be able to look at some photos of you and share in it in that way.

I have several friends doing their medical research in this area, one day it will be cured I hope.

Post # 5
7197 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@montrealjulybride:  It’s sad. You are far from alone. One of our grandmothers couldn’t attend my brother’s wedding. She was just too frail. Her mind was good then, but soon after she started getting forgetful too, and has since passed away 🙁 🙁

I’m sure, at least on her good days, your grandmother is very happy for you, whether or not she attends.

Post # 6
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Firstly ((hugs))

I lost my grandfather to dementia almost a year ago. It is so painful to watch someone who was once full of life and vitality lose everything – bit by bit. It’s even more painful to know that there are so many others suffering with this disease.

I had tears in my eyes reading your post. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors