(Closed) 20 July 2013 – 6 months to go!

posted 5 years ago in July 2013
Post # 3
481 posts
Helper bee

My list is pretty much cray-zay because SO hasn’t proposed with the ring yet. Ha ha ha.  We haven’t done much but we are prepared to jump in as soon as he does. 

#1. Talk to officiant (pastor) and book venue (our church – I’m not concerned about this because it’s not a “desirable” location – AT ALL…).

#2. Talk to uncle/aunt who “promised” (perhaps somewhat drunkenly?) a couple years ago to cater (they are pros) my [at that time totally hypothetical] wedding “at cost”. 

#3. Get pictures (Groupon deal – and we already have our all-black “outfits”) for STDs.

#4. Design, order (VistaP), & send STDs ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5. Buy muslin and make mock up of dress. Also – find crinoline, second hand…?

#6. Ask bridesmaids (6, with only really one who possibly won’t) & provide them with info re: their dress/shoes.

#7. Complete wedding registries (C&B, Target, and the website for china).

#8. Complete wedding website (about us, ceremony location, reception information, preception information, wedding party?, registries).

#9. Ask friend to play piano for ceremony.

If these things can be done by the end of Feb/mid-March, I will feel SO relieved. Invites, menus, decor, final dress, etc… that stuff will come easy over 4.5 months.

Post # 4
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Closing in on 5 months to go…Here’s my To Do List

• Order, assemble and send Invites
  • Order Wedding Bands (our appointment is today!)
  • Take Marriage Classes (Fiance is supposed to be talking To Priest sometime soon….)
  • Dress Alterations
  • Hair/Makeup Trials
  • Ceremony/Reception Programs
  • Flowergirl dress and Ring Bearer Tux (have to buy one since He’s only 2!)
  • Candy Bar- Candy, Jars, Scoops, Labels, Bags…ARGH!
  • Transportation
  • Scout Photography sites
  • Complete Registries
  • Complete Wedding Website
  • Create Signature drink?
  • Music (Meet with Choir at church)

There is probably more but I cannot think anymore!

Post # 5
1218 posts
Bumble bee

I feel SO much better now that I have organised the hair and makeup and booked the limo…those were two things I’d been putting off for a while due to lack of time and they were stressing me out! I’ve also finalised the wording for the invites and they are being printed – I’m doing some of the construction myself so I need them ASAP.

Still To Do for me – organise dance lessons with my uncle (he used to own a ballroom dance studio), go look at flowers to confirm what I want and get my FI’s suit (although he wants to put this off as he is determined to lose weight).

Post # 6
1218 posts
Bumble bee

@clumsylawyer:  I feel you on the music issue (my favourite band are Nine Inch Nails- NOT wedding appropriate!). I’ve picked out songs for key moments (first dance, signing marriage certificate, bride and groom entrance and exit) and I think I’ll let the DJ do the rest. The songs I have picked are definitely alternative – we’ve got stuff by Muse, Foo Fighters and The Cure – but still OK for a wedding.

The topic ‘20 July 2013 – 6 months to go!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors